John the baptist

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: John the baptist

Post by averagejoe »

Jflem1983 wrote:I found this pic. But its not the one i was looking for. It shows them together as youth though.

I'm sure as young children, as most families. Your cousins are your first friends...
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Jflem1983 wrote:Anyone wanna talk about who this guy was. Why he baptized Jesus. How that must be difficult for the church leaders to deal with.

I wonder if Jesus taught him since John was family.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

averagejoe wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Anyone wanna talk about who this guy was. Why he baptized Jesus. How that must be difficult for the church leaders to deal with.

I wonder if Jesus taught him since John was family.

Now this is leading into what i was reading last night.
Except it was that Leonardo Davinci may have been a gnostic who believed and left hints in commissioned works . That it was John the baptist who was the teacher.

It was quite interesting stuff and if i can find the links in my history i will post them.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

It is written in the ancient annals of England that Jesus's Great Uncle Joseph of Arimathea (Mary's dad's youngest brother) Baptized 1,000's in Wells Britain just outside Glastonbury where Joseph had set up the first Abbey with the help of local King Arviragus from the Suren family.

It is written in the Doomsday book of ancient Britain that Joseph of Arimathea was given 1,200 Hides of land in Glastonbury that were not to be taxed....

See my thread on Glastonbury...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55732
Last edited by averagejoe on Dec 22nd, 2017, 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Now this is leading into what i was reading last night.
Except it was that Leonardo Davinci may have been a gnostic who believed and left hints in commissioned works . That it was John the baptist who was the teacher.

It was quite interesting stuff and if i can find the links in my history i will post them.

Do post! Share your findings. :up:

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Just another nut job cultist, there were plenty in the Roman Empire at the time.
Last edited by capleton on Dec 29th, 2017, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:Just another nut job cultists, there were plenty in the Roman Empire at the time.

Quit being so childish... :up:

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
capleton wrote:Just another nut job cultists, there were plenty in the Roman Empire at the time.

Again, you don't know a thing about history do you? The amount of "prophets" and "saviours" who were crawling around the Roman Empire were enormous. It's funny how you call me childish when you are the one who "prays" to some imaginary entity like a child talking to his imaginary friend.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:

Says the guy who believes in a book that says it is okay to sell a raped woman to her rapist. I guess if it was to you, we would still be wallowing in the Dark ages.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Please try to keep this thread respectable. It is dealing with a difficult subject. A provocative subject. We can argue without fighting cant we

No need to disrepect people of faith for having faith. Heck some people believe in global warming.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Jflem1983 wrote:Please try to keep this thread respectable. It is dealing with a difficult subject. A provocative subject. We can argue without fighting cant we

No need to disrepect people of faith for having faith. Heck some people believe in global warming.

Unlike faith, global warming actually has something called "evidence" and is backed by numerous sciences.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:Again, you don't know a thing about history do you?

Lets have a go...I'm game! :130:

I'll give it the old college try...I can see by your posts that you seem to be very intelligent! :D

unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

Yeah great, but do us a favor Joe - take him over to play in the thread he just started: Do Christians
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

Jflem1983 wrote:Doesnt it seem odd that someone would baptise the living son of god

Jflem1983 wrote:If Jesus was the Messiah. The son of God.
Who gave John the baptist power to baptise Jesus.

In church isnt a baptism done to bring someone into a church.
By being baptized by John the baptist would that suggest Jesus was part of Johns flock ?

It appears he has been nearly scrubbed from history.
That is part of why i feel the church is afraid of him possibly.

One might think a guy who apparently baptized Jesus. Would be more revered today ?

Jflem1983 wrote:Except it was that Leonardo Davinci may have been a gnostic who believed and left hints in commissioned works . That it was John the baptist who was the teacher.

Just by going over what you've posted so far i'm going to assume you haven't read the bible's account? - this may have clarified a few things for you right from the start regarding

- who he was
- who HE thought the Messiah was
- and who he saw himself to be in relation to the one who came to him for immersion

Sounds a bit like you're reading material aimed at bringing a "fresh perspective" to who these characters "really" were. Why else would you think church people might be weirded-out by him. lol

Anyhoo''...just for fun try to find-out;

Who his father was
What "crew" his father belonged to
When that crew was "on duty" (what month? - it was always the same cycle)
What news did he get on that month
What significant event happened 6 months later... and then 9 months after that around the Feast of Sukkot
*surprise*

have fun :D
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
capleton wrote:Again, you don't know a thing about history do you?

Lets have a go...I'm game! :130:

I'll give it the old college try...I can see by your posts that you seem to be very intelligent! :D

lol it is funny how you already lost before the minute you started typing

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”