Buddha of the Board

Bread price fixed for 10 years

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Bread price fixed for 10 years

Post by the truth »

will the price of bread go down now, :laugh: :laugh: guess not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

https://loblawcard.ca/

Follow link if you want your $25.00
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Registration for the Loblaw Card Program will open on January 8, 2018. Please check back then.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Wondering how many will register who have never purchased anything from Loblaws ever.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Loblaw expects three million to six million Canadians will receive the goodwill gesture and that it will book a $75 million to $150 million quarterly charge in relation to the program.

You won’t need a receipt to claim the $25 gift card from Loblaw Cos. All you will have to do is declare that you are 18 or over and that you bought certain packaged bread products at one of the eligible banner stores across Canada before March 1, 2015.

The products include fresh and frozen baked goods sold under the brands Dempster’s, Villagio, Vachon, Stonemill, Weston, Wonder, D’Italiano, Country Harvest and others.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The eligible banner stores include:
Real Canadian Superstore, Dominion, Extra Foods, No Frills, Super Valu and there are others as well.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This is actually hillarious. I remember 5 loaves of fresh local bread for 6 dollars. It did go up quite a bit in recent years. But everything has.

I wish whoever is looking into this and the chocolate price fix scam. Ought to look at the price of gas.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote:You won’t need a receipt to claim the $25 gift card from Loblaw Cos.

This makes me wonder exactly how much will this really cost them?

So these cards will be used to purchase items from their stores which they make a profit from and most will probably spend far more than $25 when they shop. So in some cases the stores could actually make a profit on the use of the card. (I know probably not very many but some).

We haven't bought any of these products so I surely won't apply.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

GordonH wrote:Wondering how many will register who have never purchased anything from Loblaws ever.

Same number of people who bought bread that was price-fixed courtesy of Loblaws ;-)

Have you bought bread from Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

At least one class action lawsuit has already been filed, naming as defendants George Weston Limited, Loblaw Companies Ltd., Weston Foods (Canada) Inc., Empire Company Ltd., Sobeys Inc., Metro Inc., Wal-Mart Canada Corp., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Giant Tiger Stores Limited and Canada Bread Company, Limited, and its Mexican parent, Grupo Bimbo.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I saw a tweet going around today that suggested everyone register for this $25 Loblaw Card and donate it to the local food bank.

I think it’s a great idea.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Loblaw places restrictions on $25 gift card offer after bread price-fixing scheme.

Please review the Release carefully.

As you may be aware, proposed class actions relating to an overcharge on the price of packaged bread have been commenced. The proposed class actions have not yet been certified by the courts as class actions. If you wish, you may contact one of the intended class action law firms (click here for firm information).

In exchange for this twenty-five (25) Canadian Dollar Loblaw Card you hereby release and forever discharge Loblaw (“Loblaw” includes Loblaw Companies Limited, its parent corporation George Weston Limited and their affiliates as well as all of their current and former officers, directors, and employees) from any and all claims or causes of action (of whatever nature or kind) for damages, costs or other relief that you may have relating to or otherwise in connection with any overcharge on the price of packaged bread in the period between January 1, 2002 and March 1, 2015, to the extent of twenty-five dollars.

Agreeing to this release will not impact your right to participate in any class actions relating to an overcharge on the price of packaged bread. However, doing so will mean that twenty-five (25) dollars will be deducted from any compensation that you may otherwise be entitled to receive in any class action judgment against, or settlement with, Loblaw relating to any overcharge on the price of packaged bread in the period between January 1, 2002 and March 1, 2015.

You may wish to obtain independent legal advice, including by contacting one of the intended class action firms, before checking the box in Section F below, and submitting this Registration Form.

https://www.loblawcard.ca/en/register

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

BC bakery to offer free bread in exchange for bread price-fixing $25 gift cards.

A bakery in Kamloops, B.C., is offering customers fresh-baked bread in exchange for the $25 gift cards some large grocery stores are giving out in response to the bread price-fixing scandal. The bakery will then give the gift cards to local charities.

"It was an opportunity that I saw for us to get people to come through the door, people that may or may not have been here before, people who are starting to doubt the validity of what they're being told about the food that they're buying and what they're paying for it," said Robyn Haley, co-owner of Erwin's Fine Baking. http://www.erwinsbakery.ca/home

"It's a great way to collect those gift certificates and give them to the groups that we support."

Loblaws, which has been at the centre of the illegal bread price-fixing scandal, is offering $25 gift cards to customers as an apology for its involvement in the scandal.

B.C.-based Save-On-Foods — though it was never part of the bread price-fixing scandal — has also offered customers a $25 gift card as a "shopping incentive." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4480818

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... spartandhp

Return to “Canada”