Kelowna Pub Torn Down....

dle
Lord of the Board

Kelowna Pub Torn Down....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214744

Y'all remember Ernie's? I always liked this pub and kept wishing they would re-open it. It was so handy - I remember it way back when it was Ernie's but it's been called a few different things since then. It was the best thing about shopping at Orchard Park! We'd shop and fight the crowds and get all cranky - especially at Christmas - and it was an unspoken rule when it was all done we just automatically gravitated out the doors on auto-pilot over the parking lot to Ernie's to ease our barking dogs and wet our whistles. It was in the perfect location and they had great food and I remember they had live music and fun staff.

Been a long while since it was open but I kept hoping it would again someday.....too late now! They are gonna pave paradise as the old song goes!

Change is not always better!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Kelowna Pub Torn Down....

Post by Lady tehMa »

Was one of the names it had "RJ McMaster's"?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Lady tehMa wrote:Was one of the names it had "RJ McMaster's"?

Yes.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I liked the first location of Ernie's and have had a beer or two at the next location, then had a few at RJ McMaster's Neighbourhood Pub but don't recall if I was there when it changed names again to Tom Collins Pub.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I went to RJ's and Tom Collins ....
\
Food was ok and the draft was flat .

The best thing about both places was that if you didn't want to go all the way up to that old , sticky carpet of what was that country bar to get beat up , you could just go there ..

I look forward to the parking lot .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ahh yes RJs. I Remember well being young and working with a lovely old drunk. Hed drink 6 on the way to work . Loved RJs.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ahh yes RJs. I Remember well being young and working with a lovely old drunk. Hed drink 6 on the way to work . Loved RJs.

There was only one RJs, and that was in Vernon - best chicken burgers and wedges ... ever :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Had so many fundraisers there or the family would gather to hear of the latest travel adventure.
Wasn't the Mangers name Shane?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Lady tehMa wrote:Was one of the names it had "RJ McMaster's"?

:130: :smt045
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Ahh yes RJs. I Remember well being young and working with a lovely old drunk. Hed drink 6 on the way to work . Loved RJs.

There was only one RJs, and that was in Vernon - best chicken burgers and wedges ... ever :biggrin:

Pretty sure the "Ernie's" pub was called RJ McMasters for a long time too...
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:I liked the first location of Ernie's and have had a beer or two at the next location, then had a few at RJ McMaster's Neighbourhood Pub but don't recall if I was there when it changed names again to Tom Collins Pub.

I remember going to the first Ernie's too - long skinny place! Can't remember exactly where it was though.....
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

With Sears closing and more people shopping online, is there really a need for more parking at the mall?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Wasn't it called Doc Willoughby's or something like that too at one time?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

It was prolly far too expensive to reno, and it was in sorry need... but the food was good.
Anyone know what is moving into the Sear's space and the Mall?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Anonymous123 wrote:With Sears closing and more people shopping online, is there really a need for more parking at the mall?

Right! There's always need for a good pub! :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”