Diabetes

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: The CURE for diabetes - what they don't want you to know

Post by Fancy »

talking about diabetes here:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=70745
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Thinktank wrote: the second type of food is the food that comes from farms, produced by farmers.

^^^ That's not food! That's what food eats.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Thinktank wrote:So they're calling it an "economic tsunami" over at diabetes.ca. Diabetes costs Canadians $13 billion/year and it'll soon be $18 billion and no one wants people to know how to avoid the 'disease' because it's big money treating the disease and we all know how much people "LOVE" money.

THE SOLUTION

But I've found a solution. Every supermarket has two types of food. There are the food produced by the big corporations that control almost all the food we eat, that comes in nice packages, and the second type of food is the food that comes from farms, produced by farmers.

^ that's food that is produced by farmers. Eat a variety of that type of food. Remember money should be
a concern when it comes to food. Never go cheap.

^ Food produced by farmers.

^^^ There is your problem. Supermarket shelves are loaded with foods from the BIG TEN, TOP TEN corporations that control almost everything we eat. This food is so poor in nutrition, the body is forced to rob nutrients from it's reserves just to digest such junk. Sugar. Chemicals. Crap. But it tastes good, and poor people love the stuff.

To avoid diabetes it's simple. Don't buy crap from the ten corporations, but instead get all your food from farmers.
Don't eat food that is addictively tasty. Just eat simple nutritious food, and don't go cheap when it comes to food. Poverty is one of the things that produces diabetes - Canadian First Nations women face 87% lifetime risk of diabetes, study warns.

Now, I deserve about $10,000 for solving a $17 billion Canadian problem. Do you think Justin Trudeau will send me the money?

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/1 ... the-world/
https://globalnews.ca/news/2948571/cana ... udy-warns/
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... =+diabetes

No, you don't deserve $10,000, because you haven't solved the problem. I am treating my prediabetes with diet and exercise, and quite a few of the foods you have suggested up there would send any diabetics blood sugars soaring (all the fruits), and quadruple their insulin requirement (very expensive stuff that insulin) every single day. Why are there no meat, fish, dairy in your charts? Some of your "manufactured" foods would not change my blood sugar at all (but many would). The reason we have such high costs for this condition is that the diabetic association's advice is telling diabetics (generally) to eat a relatively high carbohydrate diet, which increases their insulin needs and either burns out the pancreas (in type 2's) or requires far more insulin injections (in insulin dependent).

The other problem is our doctors and Diabetic associations are telling people that it's okay to have highish blood sugars,and take more and more insulin, they just really don't want anyone to have a low (it is risky), so they say it's okay to have blood sugars far above normal. Example: my doctor does a test on me, my result comes out a little high, but he says that's okay, and as a patient I believe him and carry on eating what I was eating. If i was down in the U.S. my doctor would tell me it was a little high, and I had better get my diet and exercise in order and lower it. So I would get a glucometer, and test, and to my shock my blood sugars would show that every time I ate carbohydrate, my blood sugar goes up, and I would change my diet until my blood sugars remained normal regardless if I had just eaten. This seems like a no brainer, but diabetics are not taught this. Some of them have been having high blood sugar for years, and doing damage to several of their organs, and no one told them they could have normal blood sugar, and greatly reduce their insulin requirement (if they are on it) if they ate very little carbs. Yes, I too was shocked to learn this. Even Thinktank, who claims to be an expert, apparently didn't know it. The rule of only buying food from farmers won't help reduce diabetes, because farmers produce corn, wheat, rice, potatoes, fruit, and for diabetics these foods need to be seriously curtailed (in all forms), if they want to have normal blood sugars like everyone else. Not that the farmers are entirely on the wrong track because they also produce beef, pork, chicken, eggs, (sometimes) fish, and dairy, butter, dietary oils,some nuts, and these are an important part of a low carb diet (except ice cream which has very little cream in it these days).

I don't even think I am deserving of $10,000 dollars for sharing this information, because this information is already out there (yes it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack). The only problem is, it isn't getting to the 20% of the population who really need it.
But thanks to thinktank for bringing up an important topic. Since diabetes contributes to most of our heart disease, many hospital and doctor visits, kidney disease, vision problems, amputations, disability, some cancers,and even alzheimers. Everyone should get an HbA1C test every few years. The damage begins when your A1C is getting over 5.0 and is well on its way by the time you get to 5.8 (but your doctor will tell you you are fine, not to worry or change a thing).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Diabetes: Why we are clueless

Post by GordonH »

The key to dealing with type 2 diabetes is managing ones blood sugars.
Fasting blood sugars (over night) 5 to 7 (also before meals)
2 hour after meals 5 to 10

Everything in moderation (also figuring out which foods trigger highs i.e potatoes & rice)
Seeking foods with a low GI, then eating well balanced diet with good amount of exercise.

Once one does this as a daily/lifestyle, then the label type 2 becomes a memory (of course only if you stay on daily routine that removed the type 2 label)

or don't do the work & leave it up to growing amount of medications.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I read an article recently that they have determined there are 5 distinct types of type 2 Diabetes and they all react differently .
So once they determine which variant you have they can target how to treat it.

I am type 2 and from what I have learned it is best to talk to your Dr and see what works best for you. It can take some trial and error.

My Dr relies on "proven" information and not just what is generally believed to work which sometimes puts him at odds with the Kidney clinic which I also go too.

I have had many long conversations with him and trust him to do what is best for me in the long run.

There are some good comments in this thread but also some that are at best misinformed and at worst dangerous so do your own research.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

At the very least, I hope everyone knows it's pronounced "Diabeetus".
alex_mercer

Post by alex_mercer »

I agree with some people regarding the usage of laxatives and sugary stuff in most "junk" foods that we eat, which is produced by the TOP 10. fml

There has to be an organic superpower
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

GordonH wrote:The key to dealing with type 2 diabetes is managing ones blood sugars.

It's a $17 billion industry in Canada. A $200 billion industry in USA. And growing in places like India and China.

Food for health conscious people
Here is an example of healthy food, sold to us by big corporations who consider only profit. The food has a nice label that says 'all natural' but it's not healthy and a nice brand name - Nature Valley - but it's owned by General Mills. Corn syrup. Canola oil. Sugar. Palm oil.

Food for kids
Froot Loops. Now here's a breakfast cereal sold and marketed to children. Remember all those adverisements on TV aimed at children, selling this crap? Any parent who feeds garbage to their kids should be punished.

Food for people that are not so smart
Notice sugar is the first ingredient. Sugar, flour, and a bunch of crap like emulsifiers and antifreeze, and more sugar - and oil. throw in some aluminum, some modified food starch and more corn syrup for good measure.

^ that is the crap contributing to the $billion dollar diabetes industry.

It's people's own fault that ten big corporations treat them like cattle. Buy more natural foods and avoid being one of those people who gets diabetes. A lot of the big ten corporation food - I consider to be dog food.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

People who are actually health conscious know granola bars like the one you posted are very far from being healthy. Just because something contains a healthy ingredient, it doesn't mean the finished good is healthy. But people are dumb. It's like saying Coke is a health drink because it contains water.
alex_mercer

Post by alex_mercer »

Your words couldn't have been any truer
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Diabetic Glucose Testing.

Post by Bsuds »

As well as being Type 2 diabetic I also have loss of Kidney function. I see the Nurse at IH once in awhile for tracking that.

She is Type 1 Diabetic and uses the Abbott Laboratories Freestyle Libre testing system which is fairly new. It's on the expensive side and I have not been willing to pay for it as up until now our insurance providers would not pay for it.

Well she got me on a free trial and they sent me a tester as well as one sensor. (they are good for 2 weeks)

There is also a Phone App that can be downloaded to read the sensors.

I had to attend a webinar which I did this morning and started using the system today.

I also checked at my Pharmacy and found that the sensors are covered 100% (we have 2 plans from our respective employers) which is good because they are around $50 ea.

The sensors hold 8 hours of info and you can read it as many times a day as you want so you can easily see trends and how foods and exercise affect your sugars.

This is very interesting and I will see how it goes.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Diabetic Glucose Testing.

Post by GordonH »

I happened to see Max Domi advertise this system, https://www.dexcom.com/g6-cgm-system

I didn’t bother to look at $$$ tag because I can imagine.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Maybe some of the people on this forum who are diabetic could tell us how they got it - how they screwed up so badly when they were younger, ...so this forum could actually be useful

So, I'm still waiting for an answer.

We have thousands of responses on this forum to destroy the truth, about vaccines, about masks, etc but no one wants to
be useful and tell people how they can avoid getting diabetes - an epidemic in Canada that costs $billions
not only financially, but in suffering.

Anyone want to be the first to answer the question?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
plast63
Fledgling

Post by plast63 »

My sugar to high and I even can't get any endocrinologist appointment, any insulin or meds because not enough doctors and long line of people waiting for appointment and US border closed too.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Diabetic Glucose Testing.

Post by Thinktank »

I read this topic a few months ago and thought:

What an amazing profitable system of sickness we have, where every time a person turns around he loses money.

We should have a "Minister of Natural Health" that makes sure every school kid understands how to stay healthy
and then we wouldn't have so many older diabetics. Our "sickness" care system is going to bankrupt us.

^ Right there is the guy that got all the natural healing doctors put out of business, so pharmaceutical companies can thrive, and he's the reason why we now have so many sick people. Thanks, John Rockefeller.

I wonder if Bsuds can comment on "There is a Cure for Diabetes" by Gabriel Cousens.
Surely he bought the book from Amazon and read it.

Return to “Health”