Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Harpers wife slams cougar hunter

Post by Queen K »

*removed*

Why would anyone want to kill a cougar anyways?
Last edited by ferri on Dec 24th, 2017, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

*removed*
Reason: Off Topic
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 24th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 24th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X Get back on topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

maryjane48 wrote:Who uses dogs to corner moose ? Try again .

I stand by my statement only coward would use hounds to tree a cougar .thsts not hunting.thats shooting cat in a barrel

The cougars aren't treed so that it makes for easy pickings.....they are treed so the hunter can determine the sex of the cat. It is almost impossible to identify them without proper position.

Obviously when the cat is in tree it becomes much easier to have a look under the tail and determine sex.
We don't hunt female cats because you don't know if they have kittens stashed somewhere or not.
Cougars hunted in BC must be compulsory inspected by a bio after the hunt so they can have real time data on harvest stats.
When too many cats are harvested from a certain area or people have inadvertently shot female cats they will close the hunt in that MU for the remainder of the season or until they feel the population can be hunted again.
This model has been studied and used across North America with great success for many years.

Not saying its right or wrong, but just wanted to provide some clarity for those who don't understand why this hunting method is used.

I will add this tho, every aspect of this hunt was legal and also consumed for meat. However, hunters may wish to adjust the perception they give off to the general public by posting hero shots on social media. It's hard for them to influence others when they lead with their chin like this.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think the best part is, he had a valid license to shoot the cat and secondly he was not hunting on Posted Land! :130:
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

I stand by my statement only coward would use hounds to tree a cougar .thsts not hunting.thats shooting cat in a barrel

Moose are hunted with dogs in Scandinavian countries and have been for centuries. They are called Norwegian Elkhounds and are extremely effective.

Treeing an cougar is standard and legal procedure and not going away anytime soon whether you look it as cowardly or not. I can think of many means of hunting and am curious if you consider them cowardly too.

Can you offer an opinion on using million candle power lights in the dark of night to locate the now spell bound moose and deer to shoot them when their defences are down ?

Any opinion on killing animals out of season in the dead of winter when limited food and strength yard them up and forces them out on the roads?

The cougar was taken well within the law. You can always lobby the government to change the laws for cougar hunting however without good reason and data you won't have much luck. Hunting synopsis's are not based on emotion or designed to allow people to cherry pick their favourite choices. Harper would do well to stick to topics she understands.
Someone has to say it.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

These people hunt moose with dogs in their traditional hunts in Europe. Traditional hunts that have gone on longer than any in North America, FN hunts included. http://www.nordichuntingclub.com/moose- ... with-dogs/

It is also completely legal to hunt moose in BC with leashed dogs.
Dogs
The use of dogs is permitted in the hunting of all game, but dogs must be on
a leash when used to hunt deer, elk, moose, mountain sheep, mountain goat and
caribou. Unleashed dogs may be used to hunt small game, lynx, bobcat, grizzly
bear, black bear or cougar. Any person may train dogs by allowing them, under
supervision, to pursue game birds from Aug 1-Apr 30.

You've never been on a cougar hunt so you wouldn't know the first thing about it. I'm quite certain you wouldn't last 5 minutes on a hunt that demanding and challenging.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Whether you agree with it or not what he did was legal. Blaming someone, however, for their opinion on the situation based on politics is silly. I don't agree with the hunt but if someone states their opinion then so be it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is never a good reason to call people names when expressing an opinion.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Queen K wrote:*removed*

It is some of the best meat out there. Similar to pork and is usually the first to go at any game banquet I've been to.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Buckeye19 wrote:
Queen K wrote:*removed*

It is some of the best meat out there. Similar to pork and is usually the first to go at any game banquet I've been to.

Okay, I'm willing to try it. Any up coming game banquets?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^^Having said that: here is what is going around the intenet on facebook right now. So maybe not eat them right?

Return to “Canada”