HO HO HO!

dle
Lord of the Board

HO HO HO!

Post by dle »

It's 6:35 a.m Christmas morning.......I have the tree a'twinkling, the fireplace is on, the candles a'winking, and a big mug of tea and a butter tart (ya okay it's not the breakfast of champions but it's Christmas!) as I wait for other signs of life around here.

I've used this alone-time before the fun chaos to enjoy the pretty scene. I'm remembering other fun Christmas times spent with family and friends sadly no longer here with me, and sending big celestial hugs to them as they now celebrate with the angels. What I love about the spirit of Christmas is I can actually feel those hugs right back so all is well!

HOWEVER.......I can only stand so much peace & quiet and patience is not my strong suit so I'm afraid some loud noises will have to "accidentally" happen soon.....I'm ready to get this party started!

Have a Merry Christmas full of peace, love & joy and may 2018 bring you health, happiness & something very super-cool that you were not expecting!

:smt111
Faraday

Re: HO HO HO!

Post by Faraday »

Merry Christmas! Its my quiet time with me and my Kittay and Baileys and Coffee :) Oh now the quiet time is over!!!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Faraday wrote:Merry Christmas! Its my quiet time with me and my Kittay and Baileys and Coffee :) Oh now the quiet time is over!!!

On my 2nd cup of tea and this time spruced it up a bit and added some Carolann's to mine :130:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

It's all quiet here ..

Kids are at "bio dads" this year and the wife did an evening shift last night so , she's still sleeping as she does it again today.

A few beers , maybe a rum and coke , a ham sammich or two and a day of internet golf for me!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Merry Christmas everyone, not too late to gift me with lots of presents in the Not So Secret Santa Thread.
J/K.

Not.
J/K
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

And a Merry Christmas from the progressive political parties:

Please accept – with no obligation of any kind, whether oral or written, actual or potential, explicit or implicit – our very best wishes for a non-culture-specific, environmentally-conscious, socially-responsible, low-stress, zero-carbon, non-addictive, gender-neutral, politically-correct happy holiday celebration of the winter solstice, within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practice of your choice (with due consideration for the religious or secular persuasions or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, or for genuine and legitimate differences of opinion as to the timing or significance of the solstice), and a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling and medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally-accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendar choices of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only America in the western or any hemisphere), and without regard to the wishee’s race, creed, color, age, religious faith, choice of computer platform, physical ability or sexual preference or prowess. By accepting this greeting and not entering any defense or other plea with 14 days or such other period as may be applicable as specified in federal or state law, you are accepting the following terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher actually to implement any of the wishes personally or for others. It is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. It is warranted to perform as expected within the parameters for the reasonable application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever shall first have occurred. Warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher. This greeting constitutes the entire wish. It is void where prohibited by law. Should any part of this greeting be held unlawful or otherwise invalid, all remaining parts shall continue to have effect in terms of generally accepted wishing traditions or conventions to the full extent permissible under law.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Jlabute wrote:Merry Christmas Everyone!!

And a Merry Christmas from the progressive political parties:

Please accept – with no obligation of any kind, whether oral or written, actual or potential, explicit or implicit – our very best wishes for a non-culture-specific, environmentally-conscious, socially-responsible, low-stress, zero-carbon, non-addictive, gender-neutral, politically-correct happy holiday celebration of the winter solstice, within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practice of your choice (with due consideration for the religious or secular persuasions or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, or for genuine and legitimate differences of opinion as to the timing or significance of the solstice), and a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling and medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally-accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendar choices of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only America in the western or any hemisphere), and without regard to the wishee’s race, creed, color, age, religious faith, choice of computer platform, physical ability or sexual preference or prowess. By accepting this greeting and not entering any defense or other plea with 14 days or such other period as may be applicable as specified in federal or state law, you are accepting the following terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher actually to implement any of the wishes personally or for others. It is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. It is warranted to perform as expected within the parameters for the reasonable application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever shall first have occurred. Warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher. This greeting constitutes the entire wish. It is void where prohibited by law. Should any part of this greeting be held unlawful or otherwise invalid, all remaining parts shall continue to have effect in terms of generally accepted wishing traditions or conventions to the full extent permissible under law.

Merry Christmas J !!!!

AND A Happy new Year !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Happy holidays.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Happy New Year to you and yours MAPearce, QueenK, Even Steven, Faraday, and Dle. :130:
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Happy 2018 to you too Jlabute, what do you plan do New Year's Eve? :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

The holidays are terrible. It's just a chance for family members to get together and fight.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Queeniekins, well, I haven’t given it a thought yet... drink beer, do a little home improvement, try out my new staple gun on upholstering old chairs. Probably not drink and staple at the same time ;-)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya, you don't wanna inadvertently staple anything valuable to the chairs. Best to imbibe after wielding said potentially dangerous devices. :up:

@Horgan, Christmas magnifies family problems to the max, too much stress and pressure and idealism mixed and the combo is explosive. Couldn't agree more at times.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Jlabute wrote:Queeniekins, well, I haven’t given it a thought yet... drink beer, do a little home improvement, try out my new staple gun on upholstering old chairs. Probably not drink and staple at the same time ;-)

Good advice J ...

I even put my keyboard away last night when I hit the Capt. Morgan !
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:The holidays are terrible. It's just a chance for family members to get together and fight.

In our family , we do that at weddings ...

Return to “Central Okanagan”