Local Biz Paying it Forward.......

fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Local Biz Paying it Forward.......

Post by fvkasm2x »

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214702-1-.htm#214702

Helping those less fortunate and in a bind is a good thing. Taking away from your employees to do it maybe not so much.

I think it was lost in translation...

Pretty sure they mean they aren't doing "Secret Santa" or giving gifts to co-workers. I don't think they mean Xmas bonuses to staff or something

normaM wrote:I took it to mean that instead of co workers exchanging gifts they donated the money instead.

Yep. That's how I read it (and the one that makes sense). The other option is just evil (taking from employees)
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LANDM wrote:I understood it to mean gifts to employees, not bonuses.

They said "individuals we work with".....working "with" is the collaboro-speak version of working "for". Individuals gives the final clue, rather than "businesses" we work with.

I don’t believe it is as sinister as some think.

Exactly!

If it meant the employees then it would have said "individuals who work for us".

Then again Castanet reporting isn't known for it's great choice of wording, or spelling for that matter.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, even i catch there spelling mistakes, and were talking about me here [icon_lol2.gif] , if i catch your spelling mistakes it must mean your really, really bad --pretty sad ---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

the truth wrote:yup, even i catch there spelling mistakes, and were talking about me here [icon_lol2.gif] , if i catch your spelling mistakes it must mean your really, really bad --pretty sad ---

Even if we forget your terrible grammar/capitalization, you still have the indicated issues :130:
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote:yup, even i catch there spelling mistakes, and were talking about me here [icon_lol2.gif] , if i catch your spelling mistakes it must mean your really, really bad --pretty sad ---

A person almost wants to wonder if it is a sophisticated and deliberate ruse.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”