Major plans for Gyro area

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Major plans for Gyro area

Post by Hmmm »

tsayta wrote:Cressy's timing is off... Again. Market is going to correct. Just like 08 it will never get out of the ground

Toooo funny! Do you own or rent? Are you waiting still and for how long? The condoes will probably be worth a million in five years. But don’t buy then either because it’ll burst? Then of course it will be 1.2 soooo lol once again. Chow
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

zerograv wrote:I love how they use "young professionals" to help sell the idea.....not many young professionals I know can afford a 600k + condo near the waterfront.

600K+? Source?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

vegas1500 wrote:Did anyone necessarily lose money? The developer didn't go bankrupt or disappear into the night.

I honestly have no idea how this works. You put down a deposit on a yet-to-be-built piece of property. For whatever reason, said property never gets built. Does your money disappear?

Does not disappear. It's held in trust. Full refund[/quote]

Do you know this for fact or just assuming....just curious.
Every preconstruction I have purchased has had a very clear “non refundable” deposit.[/quote]

It’s not non refundable if the developer doesn’t fulfill the terms of the contract that both parties entered into. If the building isn’t built within the time specified in the contract, the buyer can back out with a full refund. If the developer changes the disclosure statement anyone can back out within 7 days, regardless of it being a firm deal or non refundable deposit, and get their deposit back.
Fact, not assumption.
You and 71 others Like this post
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

LANDM wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:Did anyone necessarily lose money? The developer didn't go bankrupt or disappear into the night.

I honestly have no idea how this works. You put down a deposit on a yet-to-be-built piece of property. For whatever reason, said property never gets built. Does your money disappear?

Does not disappear. It's held in trust. Full refund

Every preconstruction I have purchased has had a very clear “non refundable” deposit.[/quote]

It’s not non refundable if the developer doesn’t fulfill the terms of the contract that both parties entered into. If the building isn’t built within the time specified in the contract, the buyer can back out with a full refund. If the developer changes the disclosure statement anyone can back out within 7 days, regardless of it being a firm deal or non refundable deposit, and get their deposit back.
Fact, not assumption.[/quote]

Makes sense but usually when a project doesn’t go ahead for this length of time it’s because the developer has “folded” and no monies are refunded. If he’s still around, good thing for those people.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

LANDM wrote:

Does not disappear. It's held in trust. Full refund

Fact, not assumption.[/quote]

vegas1500 wrote:Makes sense but usually when a project doesn’t go ahead for this length of time it’s because the developer has “folded” and no monies are refunded. If he’s still around, good thing for those people.

It's the same company that originally proposed the development.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

vegas1500 wrote:Makes sense but usually when a project doesn’t go ahead for this length of time it’s because the developer has “folded” and no monies are refunded. If he’s still around, good thing for those people.

Monies are held in trust and only released to the developer under very specific circumstances. Otherwise, both parties have to agree.
The developer will never legally have the deposits in their possession under a circumstance like this.
Nobody would have lost money unless there was specific fraud or illegal activity. Or they agreed to it, but even then there is protection under many circumstances.
You and 71 others Like this post
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Anonymous123 wrote:
zerograv wrote:I love how they use "young professionals" to help sell the idea.....not many young professionals I know can afford a 600k + condo near the waterfront.

600K+? Source?

Obviously just an assumption but I doubt high end condos near the beach will be cheap :up:
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:

I know a few, not everyone is dying in this city...I would listen to the wise words of Ben Shapiro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEMw_lDUx0

I'm a "young professional" and I wouldn't be paying that kind of cash for a condo. I never said everyone is struggling, but with massive student loan debt and low incomes in this city I highly doubt there are many that can afford mortgages that high unless they get help from the bank of mom and dad.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Anonymous123 wrote:600K+? Source?

if you do an MLS search you'll see there are quite a number of condos for under $600K, generally older or small. I know of a 320 sq ft apartment that is worth $290K - in the new building on Ellis. Cambridge House on the corner of Leon and Ethel has a number of properties under or around the 600K mark, but again - smaller.

Waterfront specifically though, tends to be higher. Especially if there is a view.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

bit off topic but I remember when they started lowering the prices at Centuria. I asked someone and was told that too bad for the ppl who had paid the higher price. That would have grind my gears
I agree it is already crowd around Gyro, like Sopa where is everyone going to park
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

normaM wrote:bit off topic but I remember when they started lowering the prices at Centuria. I asked someone and was told that too bad for the ppl who had paid the higher price. That would have grind my gears
I agree it is already crowd around Gyro, like Sopa where is everyone going to park

Don't worry they will all ride bicycles (Mayor Basran). [icon_lol2.gif]
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...

Return to “Central Okanagan”