Nuclear Fusion

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Nuclear Fusion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

either way, nuclear is miles ahead of the disgusting wind and solar options. Only a complete idiot would ever want taxpayer cash spent on wind and solar subsidies when nuclear is available.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fusion-fueled power generation has been the energy of the future for several decades.
"There's always been this sense that fusion is fifty years away," Saskia Mordijck says, but she adds that the horizon for safer and more efficient fusion-based electricity in our homes is really, truly getting closer.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2012-10-safer-eff ... n.html#jCp

Maybe, perhaps, someday, IF, possibly................Just like the cure for lung Cancer, go ahead puff away, good luck.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:Let's not quibble about who invented the first gasoline-powered automobile, okay?
You didn't say anything about gasoline.
In 1803, what has been said to be the first horseless carriage was demonstrated in London, Britain, as made by Richard Trevithick.[4] This was a steam-powered conversion of a carriage, hence the moniker.[4]
Wikipedia.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Perhaps the most promising to date has been the tokamak style fusion reactor. I am skeptical that any design will be generating electricity any time soon, outside of a lab. Contains high energy super hot plasma within a magnetic field is like how the sun does it, but with gravity and much more pressure. It’s all experimental and like Edison’s light bulb, scientists are experimenting with many configurations looking for something that might work best. I don’t see anything working at least for another 50 years IMO.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:either way, nuclear is miles ahead of the disgusting wind and solar options.

Oh , do tell. Nuclear fission is dying due to catastrophic environmental damage , and fusion is barely past the point of conception.

Only a complete idiot would ever want taxpayer cash spent on wind and solar subsidies when nuclear is available.

Only a complete idiot would ignore a viable energy source while fantasizing about what is still decades away , if they ever actually figure it out.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^GB just latches on to anything that will give him another chance to trash wind and solar energy. To him, they are the most threatening alternatives to hydroelectric dams. If nuclear fusion were in a position to replace Christy's pet project, Site C, he would be ranting and raving against it too.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Honestly. It is pretty well a non issue. Some one would complain about nuclear. It would be an enviro fight.
Native groups would protest.

In short. Never gonna get built. Not with zero backbone. Like the last pile of BC governments past and present .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Jflem1983 wrote:Honestly. It is pretty well a non issue. Some one would complain about nuclear. It would be an enviro fight.
Native groups would protest.

Do you actually understand nuclear fusion ?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:]

Do you actually understand nuclear fusion ?

I understand it's way better than wind and solar. That's for sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:^^GB just latches on to anything that will give him another chance to trash wind and solar energy..

Because wind and solar energy suck. And only idiots and shysters continue to push it. If you saw people deliberately ripping off old people, purely because they are either stupid or pure scum, you would say something, right?
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Dec 28th, 2017, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:Oh , do tell. Nuclear fission is dying due to catastrophic environmental damage , .

what catastrophic environmental damage? What the hell are you talking about? Sigh. More lies and fear-mongering from the lunatic fringe. Just so disgusting.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

China is starting up two new MS fission reactors, and many countries are investing in to molten salt reactors. This technology would spark an energy revolution providing cheap and abundant power. It is safe, and would allow the existing nuclear waste to be re-used and spent. Thorium is so plentiful we would never have to worry about fuel.

http://www.terrestrialenergy.com
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jlabute wrote:China is starting up two new MS fission reactors, and many countries are investing in to molten salt reactors. This technology would spark an energy revolution providing cheap and abundant power. It is safe, and would allow the existing nuclear waste to be re-used and spent. Thorium is so plentiful we would never have to worry about fuel.

http://www.terrestrialenergy.com

We in BC already have access to cheap and abundant power with our hydroelectric power, but this would provide cheap power to people living in areas who don't have our Site C, and that's important. One day, hopefully soon, these kinds of alternative energy will phase out failed wind and solar projects that just suck taxpayers dry and generate garbage intermittent power.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^If you lived near a river that they plan to dam next, you might not be such a loud cheerleader.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

If I was living on a river about to be dammed, it will be dammed if I do or dammed if I don’t, and I would at least expect a generous settlement for my property and then move somewhere better. I’m not tied to property, but I am tied to family and my country. Being a patriot, I would realize the needs of the many for cheap energy that has allowed progress and increased lifespans so people can live long and prosper. I would move away from the river into a larger home and have even more children whom can pay taxes when they grow up. I would use the opportunity to make Canada a better place.

Return to “B.C.”