BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by flamingfingers »

And it looks pretty lackluster. No real 'vision', exciting 'platform' or overwhelming support for any of them.

But for a discussion, Martyn Brown does his own evaluation:

https://www.straight.com/news/1011196/m ... should-win
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by GordonH »

If the last number of years are any indication on leadership campaigns throughout north America (this is every leader of any political party NA wide)
They will pick from bottom of the barrel
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^So who is your pick 'from the bottom of the barrel'??
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote:^^So who is your pick 'from the bottom of the barrel'??

Have not even paid any attention to the candidates, better things to do then listen to politicians BS.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:They will pick from bottom of the barrel

I think generally from somewhat lower than the bottom lately.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

It's rather nice to have a BC premier who is second highest in approval at 48% (One % point less than Wall) than have a premier with a dismal 31% approval rate.

But the poll also found Clark is the most disliked candidate running in this spring’s election.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3333686/chri ... tion-poll/
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Yes, NDP'ers prefer NDP premiers and it is something of a novelty too.
:D
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Urbane wrote:^^ Yes, NDP'ers prefer NDP premiers and it is something of a novelty too.
:D

It's going on 22 years with no elected NDP premier in BC. I don't expect the province to be stupid enough to ever elect one of those NDP bozos ever again. I guess the NDPers are pretty excited that Horgan has 48% popularity against no one, though. That'll all change in a couple of months when the new BC Liberal leader rips the union buffoon to shreds.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Whst is new bclib leader going to run on ? Raising msp rates ? Raising hydro rates ? Please. Inform us [icon_lol2.gif]
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

deJong - too old
Wilkinson -too arrogant
Stone - too young and arrogant
Watts - a Christy clone who will likely be the next BCLP leader

Doesn't matter who wins. It's going to take a lot longer than 4 years for British Columbians to forget those torturous 16 BCLP years.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
It's going on 22 years with no elected NDP premier in BC.

Mr. Horgan was indeed elected , and now he is the premier.
How did Christy do in Vancouver point grey in 2013 ? Oh , that's right , she LOST.

I don't expect the province to be stupid enough to ever elect one of those NDP bozos ever again.

They were stupid enough to elect corrupt Liberals 3 times in a row.
Apparently 48% approve of Horgan ( don't think he is a bozo) I guess you can call him a bozo if you want , but I always consider the source. In this case , it is an extremely partisan internet nobody , so ?

I guess the NDPers are pretty excited that Horgan has 48% popularity against no one, though.

Way to rewrite the poll to your liking. It wasn't asking who they prefered , it asked if they approved of Horgan.
And yes , by the way , NDP'ers are probably pretty happy about the 48% approval , just like Lie'bs were happy when Christy Clark had a 48 % approval rating. Wait............ when was that ? March 2017 31% , March 2013 25% , June 2015 30%. Just as I suspected , Christy Clark has NEVER had a 48 % approval rating , NEVER.

That'll all change in a couple of months when the new BC Liberal leader rips the union buffoon to shreds.

I'll wait and see what happens. Remember the old saying about glass houses ? There is little that any of the prospective Liberal leaders (term used loosly) can throw at Horgan that can't come back to crush them like the roaches they are.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:deJong - too old
    Wilkinson -too arrogant

Doesn't matter who wins. It's going to take a lot longer than 4 years for British Columbians to forget those torturous 16 BCLP years.

For you it "doesn't matter who wins." Of course NDP'ers like yourself will not like ANY of the Liberal leadership hopefuls. You're against them all. I'm much more interested to hear who traditional Liberal voters and independents like. There are some strong candidates there. For example, Andrew Wilkinson is both a physician and a lawyer but you dismiss him as "too arrogant." LOL. Maybe "too smart." Anyway, we know that NDP'ers won't like any of the candidates but thanks anyway for your "analysis."
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Urbane wrote:" Anyway, we know that NDP'ers won't like any of the candidates but thanks anyway for your "analysis."

Not true , I like DeJong , Todd Stone , and Watts for the job. Can't wait for any one of them to step to to the plate. Should be entertaining.

Shame that Rich Coleman isn't trying his luck , I think the voters can identify with him.

What she's given to this province should never be forgiven,"
said Coleman, before realizing his mistake.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:deJong - too old
Wilkinson -too arrogant

It's going to take longer than four years to repair the damage left behind by the NDP in their short term as government.
Bring back the LIKE button.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Urbane wrote: For example, Andrew Wilkinson is both a physician and a lawyer but you dismiss him as "too arrogant." LOL. Maybe "too smart." Anyway, we know that NDP'ers won't like any of the candidates but thanks anyway for your "analysis."

When it comes to intelligence and the NDP, that's a big oxymoron. They are afraid of real intelligence. That's why they call him arrogant. Seems like he is always talking down to them due to his education. Must be an NDP thing, not having the capability to understand intellectual jargon.

I really don't believe AW or TS are arrogant but I guess if someone has a certain level of education it may feel that way.

Nice to hear opinions from the side of the intellectually challenged electorate, it helps to explain why we have a "committee government".
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “B.C.”