Animal Cruelty Must stop

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Animal Cruelty Must stop

Post by Fancy »

Ka-El wrote:Pigs and chickens taste good. Ever try eating a dog?

I haven't eaten dog but millions of others have.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

does that make it ok ,in your books then
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Fancy wrote: I haven't eaten dog but millions of others have.

Yes, I suppose that is definitely true. Maybe they should consider vegan :135:

I'll stick with steak, chops, hamburger, sausages and ribs - all purchased at Safeway.

oops - forgot bacon, can't forget bacon

(hunting not my thing but I won't begrudge anyone else for doing it - by the rules)
Last edited by Ka-El on Dec 29th, 2017, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Animal cruelty should stop. However, that doesn't mean we should stop eating animals.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jonrox wrote: Animal cruelty should stop. However, that doesn't mean we should stop eating animals.

Indeed. If God didn't want us to eat animals He wouldn't have made them taste so good. :smt045
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:does that make it ok ,in your books then

You're missing the point. A billboard showing a dog and a pig that both are eaten and are made pets of is not something I would donate to.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I think it's a shame that there's a request for money to put a billboard up when that money could go towards helping animals directly that have been tortured.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

I think the fact that we are discussing it here means the billboard is having its desired effect.
I do think we all need to stop blindly buying what's cheap and convenient and start educating ourselves about where our food comes from. Over consumption is killing this planet.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ShannonG wrote:I think the fact that we are discussing it here means the billboard is having its desired effect.
I do think we all need to stop blindly buying what's cheap and convenient and start educating ourselves about where our food comes from. Over consumption is killing this planet.

I totally disagree. The desired effect would be to refrain from eating meat and I don't see anyone cutting back on that nor do they intend to hang up their guns permanently.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

Fancy wrote:
ShannonG wrote:I think the fact that we are discussing it here means the billboard is having its desired effect.

I totally disagree. The desired effect would be to refrain from eating meat and I don't see anyone cutting back on that nor do they intend to hang up their guns permanently.

I don't think the evolution happens that instantly. This conversation on this forum, prompted by the sign, may lead someone to learn more about factory farming, which may lead them to a) have further conversations or b) make some lifestyle changes.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This isn't new news by any means. I think the money would be better used by helping animals directly instead of another billboard that will end up being ignored.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

Fancy wrote:This isn't new news by any means. I think the money would be better used by helping animals directly instead of another billboard that will end up being ignored.

You have my agreement there. Billboards are pretty widely hated and it seems like an expensive way to spread 'the word'.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have raised, pigs, cattle, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, and some of them even had names like; Porkchop and Hamton (were the pigs).

I raised, fed, killed and butchered and ate ALL of them, (I have photos, if you really want to see them).

Do you think that a billboard could bother me one little bit or prevent me from doing it again next year?

These billboards and "shock" only affect those with weak stomachs, which are usually pre-teen girls that have yet to experience their first menstruation or childbirth.

I have a stronger stomach to kill and gut a pig, than I have for changinging a baby's dirty diaper, just after a change of diet.

Yes, I have done THAT too.
In contrast, I have been to China twice, and I have watched a dog being killed and "bleed-out" into a bucket on the floor in a restaurant named "Pet Heaven".

Get over it. Everyone is different and the wholly-than-thou vegans have absolutely NO right to preach their beliefs to the rest of the world and what they eat.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

I would like anyone reading this topic to understand that the cheap, convenient meat you purchase at the grocery store is undoubtedly factory farmed, isn't good for you, and was misery for the animal. We need to give the power back to small producers, let farmers butcher their animals and sell their meat LEGALLY, and limit or eliminate the current mass slaughter system we currently employ.
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

Perhaps if we could eliminate human cruelty then we could see an end to animal cruelty. (Although I personally do not equate the consumption of animals as cruelty in and of itself.) I just don't see how we can expect animal cruelty to stop, when people treat other people cruelly.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”