New fees for new year

vinnied
Lord of the Board

New fees for new year

Post by vinnied »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215032
I can just see it, even more crap being dumped into the woods, now to include yard waste and mattresses.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: New fees for new year

Post by Even Steven »

Why?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Because some people would rather dump there garbage in the hills rather then pay a fee at the dump. we read about it all the time.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

vinnied wrote:Because some people would rather dump there garbage in the hills rather then pay a fee at the dump. we read about it all the time.

Yep, because some people are just plain as :cuss: holes
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I took a perfectly good mattress to the second hand Re Store in West Kelowna but they aren't allowed to accept them as there could be health implications so the dump was only choice. Now they are charging a fee per mattress as someone else said it is bound to have an effect on illegal waste dumping, not forgetting yard waste charges too.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's nice that they charge me to bring yard waste to them so they can compost it and charge me to buy it back from them.

I will just keep my bags of leaves until Spring and slowly fill the yard waste bin so the city can pick it up at no charge to me. (other than what I pay now for that service.)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

vinnied wrote:Because some people would rather dump there garbage in the hills rather then pay a fee at the dump. we read about it all the time.

People don't dump stuff in backroads to save money, people dump stuff to save effort. Even if it was free, people would still dump stuff in the backroads because they're lazy *bleep*, and don't want to bother with hauling their stuff.

At the end of the day, it's about effort, not few dollars at the dump. What, they were not dumping it at $10, but will start at $11? LOL.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

OKANAGAN FOREST TASK FORCE will clean up the mess. Thats what the city policy has become. Leave it to the volunteers
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Even Steven wrote:

People don't dump stuff in backroads to save money, people dump stuff to save effort. Even if it was free, people would still dump stuff in the backroads because they're lazy *bleep*, and don't want to bother with hauling their stuff.

At the end of the day, it's about effort, not few dollars at the dump. What, they were not dumping it at $10, but will start at $11? LOL.

No Its not so much about an extra buck to go to the dump. Those who used the woods at 10 will still use the woods at 11, however, I haven't had to get rid of a mattress lately, but at $12.50 a pop i think even more people will start using the woods. And last time I had to dump yard waste it was free. Time will tell.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Even Steven wrote:

Lots of the cleanups are pallets and nails from pallets. Lots of camp sites. Lots of trashed stolen trucks campers u name it.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Yes you will see more illegal dumping. The part that really bothers me is the dump charges you to bring in compostable items which they shouldn't and they also charge you to drop metal off which they make money on at your expense driving it there. That's wrong. There's right and there's fundamentally wrong. And to be charging us for things they're making money on and for things that naturally break down is fundamentally wrong in my opinion..
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

I'm surprised they haven't introduced wireless digital counters on our toilets and introduce a USER FEE. What .10 a flush, no no no lets charge them (taxpayer) .20 a flush because they won't do anything. Maybe whine a bit but soon they will just give up and except it. Great we'll create a new department, hmmmm, the sanitary excretion tracking or SET for short. We'll need a Director, $150,000.00 a year, couple of Managers, $90,000.00 a year, 4 or 5 forman, $60,000 a year and of course 10/15 people to actual do the work, $45,000 a year. Throw in a vehical (Tesla X) for the Director, carbon free of course, number of cars for the manager and trucks for the people actually doing the work. I don't think .20 will do. lets make .25 because the smucks are only going to whine for a bit and forget about it and just pay pay. Anybody for a raise.
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Post by kelowna_proud »

I understand fee's come and go. Is that $12.50 per piece on mattresses so $25.00 to dispose of a Boxspring & Mattress? I can see alot more being left behind thrift stores and dumpsters now.

What idiot approved $11.00 and not just an even $10.00 for household under 250kg. Everyone is gonna be debiting (Taking up time) or giving a $20 and getting $9.00 in change back instead of just a $10 bill.

$5.00 for yard waste, i'm actually surprised this hasn't been done for a long time as a cash grab.

NOW to ILLEGAL DUMPING: If you own a truck, insure, and gas it up. $5.00 or $25.00 is NOTHING lets get real. I own 2 trucks, they inhale gasoline and or more expensive to insure. I would never waste my time tarping garbage and heading up Postill or Belgo. Way out of town and waste of fuel going up a logging road to save $5.00 or $25.00......Standing there watching my back, come on!

I always will write down plate numbers and snap a picture of trucks full on $hit headed into the bush, and watch for them to head out empty......In 20 years of going into the bush, i've seen a couple campers, and a couple dump sites. It seems to be getting alot better.

All I can say to those morons that dump in the bush. WATCH OUT FOR TRAIL CAMS. They can take thousands of pics as good as a video camera and lots of people have time to check once a week with a laptop in there truck.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

What I don't understand is why throw this part into the article, got nothing to do with the City fees.

It's not all bad news though.

Province-wide, the cost of the Medical Services Plan premiums will decrease on Jan. 1, while FortisBC will be dropping the price of natural gas as well.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

stuff like this is why at least 3 or 4 times a year i show up at work and there is a mattress or couch jammed sideways into our garbage bin or just dumped on the side of our building.i mean we get people dumping garbage all the time but couches and mattresses fill the whole bin.then we are stuck with some other guys mess

Return to “Central Okanagan”