Red Sled Plowed Away

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Red Sled Plowed Away

Post by Fancy »

macktruck wrote:I had an incident with a driver at AEL I called The Boss Dustin and he was going to look into the problem and call me back , I never did hear from him , the are all GoooD Buddys down at AEL and they would never admit to ever doing wrong . Cowards !!

Follow up in writing - emails cannot be ignored either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

macktruck wrote:I had an incident with a driver at AEL I called The Boss Dustin and he was going to look into the problem and call me back , I never did hear from him , the are all GoooD Buddys down at AEL and they would never admit to ever doing wrong . Cowards !!

There is zero truth to that statement.

If you never followed up then it must have not been that important to you or it didn’t happen.

You could have followed up with him or contacted the city.

Discipline action is taken with drivers that cause damage or create a problem.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've contacted the City before and was given a satisfactory answer regarding snow clearing. Stuff happens. I don't sweat it being from a bigger city with better snow clearing because I choose to live in an area that is down on the list for clearing. Not a big deal so I bought a shovel for my car. I'm loving it. No reflection on the operators here - it's all about funding and I get that. Primary roads first and foremost.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Looking at the picture again, I have this sneaking suspicion that its really the parents that are making this a bigger deal than it really is.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

My parents would have said, "next time be more careful where you put your stuff" and NO ONE would have contacted the company.

Nowadays?

Social media is a powerful tool.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Dizzy1 wrote:Looking at the picture again, I have this sneaking suspicion that its really the parents that are making this a bigger deal than it really is.

The snowflake society. My Dad would have called me a *bleep* for leaving the sled too close to the road.

945045E9-C4E8-4759-B441-DA8142989BF7.jpeg

73AF762F-E4EE-4F91-98BA-8BB2772BE596.jpeg
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

TreeGuy wrote:The snowflake society. My Dad would have called me a *bleep* for leaving the sled too close to the road.

:laugh: :up: Mine too - and rightfully so. Smart kid though, using a sled to make the job easier - I remember doing the same thing when I had my paper routes, and a wagon in the summer :up:

The kid will survive - but sadly, the lesson learned will be misguided - instead of teaching your kid to be more careful in the future, they're teaching them to go to media and make exaggerated allegations and point the finger at some demonic plow driver and holding them accountable for everything.

Granted, the plow driver could have been more careful, while it was only a sled, it could have been a person who fell down, regardless, its very unlikely that the plow driver was just trying to be a dick and drive over something.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Call me crass but I laughed my *bleep* off when I read this story as I envisioned the sled exploding into a mist of red lumber and newspapers flying every which way. It read like an SCTV skit or something. Sorry kid, next time don't leave your sled on the road.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Where is my freaking paper kid?
Nobody cares about the papers, the job was DNF..
I really can't figure out what the kid is doing in the pic, maybe he dropped a loonie ? .
Too bad about the sled ........ he will take better care of the next one I bet..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

A little shocked they didn't start a GoFundMe page to get the new sled......
PocoGirl

Post by PocoGirl »

Tony wrote:A little shocked they didn't start a GoFundMe page to get the new sled......

[icon_lol2.gif] :up:
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Tony wrote:A little shocked they didn't start a GoFundMe page to get the new sled......

No kidding! Maybe we should. If we raise enough he won’t have to go back to delivering newspapers.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Maybe they been busy clearing snow ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Fancy wrote:

Follow up in writing - emails cannot be ignored either.
if you get into an accident with one of their drivers calling the office shouldn't be a call you make .you should be calling the police and your insurance company .you shouldn't even be contacting them anyway if it was a legitimate accident.. something sounds fishy with your story which would indicate you're just bad-mouthing the company. And no way am I Affiliated or have any friends in the company just to State also
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Is it me or did a lot of people read the story wrong. The company they called did not damage the sled but the gentleman running it offered to buy a new one anyway. If that's the case why are people on here saying good he did the right thing when he had no obligation to buy him a new one.. and I hope the parents didn't take him up on getting the new sled paid for by the plow company. A person in that situation should say thank you that's very generous that's okay we'll get him a new one.. if they actually drove all the way to get the free one risking their life on wintery roads to save eight or ten dollars that would be silly
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “Central Okanagan”