BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gordon_as wrote:I actually love your posts. Watching someone bask in their own ignorance is quite entertaining to me.

LOL - yes, watching someone bask in their own ignorance, especially when they make claims like the NDP won the election, really is entertaining. Almost as entertaining as it's going to be when the grossly incompetent and horribly corrupt NDP are tossed out on their un-elected butts. Thank goodness at least we don't have to worry about the Site C remediation having to be reversed.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

hobbyguy wrote:I like history, and knowing history can be informative, but it doesn't prepare anyone to be a leader in the real world. History is looking backward, leaders must look forward.

To be fair looking backward, if you can identify mistakes and learn from it, is a good thing, unfortunately Horgan despite his history degree, doesn't appear to have learned much from the 90's NDP mistakes.

The Green Barbarian wrote:
gordon_as wrote:You guys are a bit slow. .

The only one who is slow here is you.

We're waaaaaaay beyond slow in this instance. This character is sitting still in a parking lot with four feet of snow covering the car. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:You guys are a bit slow. NOBODY has ever been elected Premier in BC. We elect people to be MLA's . Which ever party , or coalition of parties , has the majority of seats in the legislature , forms the government.
John Horgan was elected in his riding by a 2 to 1 margin over Cathy Noel. The NDP and Greens together have more seats than the Liberals so they are the government. John Horgan , as leader of the governing parties becomes the Premier.

If you don't like the system , move.

Just because you lost power , you don't like the system. You are just as bad as the Democrats down south , pick a truly detestable person to be your leader , and then have a complete meltdown when she doesn't win like she was supposed to.

How typical of your crew to leave out the inconvenient truth that the voters DID NOT vote for THE NDP & GREENS TOGETHER.

There wasn't any option in the polling booth for NDP & Greens, and in that sense the current government did not win an election, and Horgan did not win the Premier's position, he was asked to take it by the Lt. Governor. Big big difference and one that will go down in the history books the way I've explained it, not how the NDP sheep see it.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GordonH wrote:Have not even paid any attention to the candidates, better things to do then listen to politicians BS.

And that is a prime example of the failings of democracy. A person that has better things to do than listen to politicians yet still has the legal right to vote.
I know it's an over used quote but Churchill did nail it with "the biggest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter".
Gordon....you and your like minded NDP pions are poster children for the definition. You can vote, but you can't think for yourself. You probably vote NDP because your dad did 40 yrs ago and dad must have been right. There is no other reason if you don't listen to what any politician is saying. Duh?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
gordon_as wrote:I actually love your posts. Watching someone bask in their own ignorance is quite entertaining to me.

LOL - yes, watching someone bask in their own ignorance, especially when they make claims like the NDP won the election, really is entertaining. Almost as entertaining as it's going to be when the grossly incompetent and horribly corrupt NDP are tossed out on their un-elected butts. Thank goodness at least we don't have to worry about the Site C remediation having to be reversed.

Please quote where I "claimed the NDP won the election" . You are just making stuff up again , which is normal for Liberal supporters. I said that John Horgan was elected , which he was , and that now he is Premier , which he is.
LOL , a Liberal supporter calling another party corrupt.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:

gordon_as wrote:You guys are a bit slow. .

The only one who is slow here is you.

It took you fools 3 page of protesting , and 24 hours , to clue in that we don't elect premiers in BC. Actually , you never did catch on until Verum tiped you off. Like I said , "slow". . That's OK though , you are Liberals , so it's expected.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Have not even paid any attention to the candidates, better things to do then listen to politicians BS.

twobits wrote:And that is a prime example of the failings of democracy. A person that has better things to do than listen to politicians yet still has the legal right to vote.
I know it's an over used quote but Churchill did nail it with "the biggest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter".
Gordon....you and your like minded NDP pions are poster children for the definition. You can vote, but you can't think for yourself. You probably vote NDP because your dad did 40 yrs ago and dad must have been right. There is no other reason if you don't listen to what any politician is saying. Duh?

Well twobits, I rather listen to the candidate I will be placing my X next to as my next MLA or MP depending on which election is being held.
It will be that person if they win that I will have direct contact with... not the premier or prime minister (unless that happens to be there riding)
So I listen to each candidate running in my area & pick the one who I believe will do the best for the area.

So this is why I posted what I did.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GordonH wrote:Well twobits, I rather listen to the candidate I will be placing my X next to as my next MLA or MP depending on which election is being held.

Lol. You are so indoctrinated to listen to only the party candidate that your daddy voted for. How can you possibly make an informed choice if you limit yourself to one sound track for lord's sake. Do you not understand how pathetic that sounds? Do you not realize how narrow minded you are? I may dislike NDP policy but I do actually listen to what they propose. When they come up with something that makes sense to me, I could actually vote for them. I guess the bottom line is I want to be an informed voter rather than live in some preconceived bubble that you choose to live in.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Well twobits, I rather listen to the candidate I will be placing my X next to as my next MLA or MP depending on which election is being held.

twobits wrote:Lol. You are so indoctrinated to listen to only the party candidate that your daddy voted for. How can you possibly make an informed choice if you limit yourself to one sound track for lord's sake. Do you not understand how pathetic that sounds? Do you not realize how narrow minded you are? I may dislike NDP policy but I do actually listen to what they propose. When they come up with something that makes sense to me, I could actually vote for them. I guess the bottom line is I want to be an informed voter rather than live in some preconceived bubble that you choose to live in.

What the hell are you talking about (who my parents voted for is their choice, not necessarily mine), I go to the all candidates meeting during elections & listen to them all. I will vote for the one who impo is best for the area. Don't give damn which political that happens to be, since political party leaders tend to be BS'ing windbags.

Added later: I'm also not member of any political party, so I have no say who they pick as their Leader
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

twobits wrote:
Do you not understand how pathetic that sounds? Do you not realize how narrow minded you are?

That's what I think after every one of your posts.

I may dislike NDP policy but I do actually listen to what they propose. When they come up with something that makes sense to me, I could actually vote for them. I guess the bottom line is I want to be an informed voter rather than live in some preconceived bubble that you choose to live in.

/\ /\ big steaming pile of bovine fecal matter

Nobody , and I mean NOBODY on this forum is stupid enough to believe a word of that , not even the liberal supporters.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

twobits wrote: Do you not understand how pathetic that sounds? Do you not realize how narrow minded you are?

gordon_as wrote:That's what I think after every one of your posts.

Now to borrow one of your recent quotes, that's a "big steaming pile of bovine fecal matter."

We know full well that you don't "think". Who you trying to kid? [icon_lol2.gif]
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

That's pretty weak techie , even for you.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

What I've found is that these die hard NDP voters just do what their union instructs them to do. It's Orwellian if you stop and analyse it. There's absolutely no middle ground, there's absolutely no room for individual thought or expression. Rows of workers in drab olive green punching the time clock and voting for Comrade NDP candidate.

The free enterprise people I see involved with parties like the BC Liberals and CPC are champions of individual thought, innovation, and individual expression. What a complete 180 from the left wing uniformity.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Gone_Fishin wrote:What I've found is that these die hard NDP voters just do what their union instructs them to do. It's Orwellian if you stop and analyse it. There's absolutely no middle ground, there's absolutely no room for individual thought or expression. Rows of workers in drab olive green punching the time clock and voting for Comrade NDP candidate.

The free enterprise people I see involved with parties like the BC Liberals and CPC are champions of individual thought, innovation, and individual expression. What a complete 180 from the left wing uniformity.

Can't really describe it any better than that. :up:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gordon_as wrote:
Please quote where I "claimed the NDP won the election" . You are just making stuff up again , which is normal for Liberal supporters. I said that John Horgan was elected , which he was , and that now he is Premier , which he is.

You mean unelected premier, which he is, since his corrupt and disgusting party didn't win a majority. But continue to make stuff up, which is normal for NDP supporters.

LOL , a Liberal supporter calling another party corrupt.

LOL - an NDP supporter calling any other party corrupt.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”