Worst service ever!

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Worst service ever!

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bubalouie wrote:Speaking of Oriental food, what is the best place in K town ?

J wok is good
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:
Bubalouie wrote:So what is the best place to get Oriental in town?

I get takeout vast majority of the time.
2 places on both sides of Okanagan Lake that are okay:
Kelowna side
J-Wok
Wok Out
West Kelowna
Golden Chopsticks
Mei Wei

Yep. Bang on.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Bubalouie wrote:Speaking of Oriental food, what is the best place in K town ?

I think Saigon Noodle House on Bernard has the best Chinese food in Kelowna. They're known for Vietnamese food, but they do awesome Chinese as well.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Sudsy why the heck did you wait for over 2 hours?
There isn't really any great Chinese food places in K Town.. pretty hit and mi
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote:Sudsy why the heck did you wait for over 2 hours?

We were with a group of about 20 people for lunch. Some got food and some never did. We finally gave up and left.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Have been going to Saigon for 6 years now........usually for their soups and now and then for their $15.00 combo plates. For these items we are satisfied. Other than that we have 100% boycotted take-out Chinese food here in Kelowna for almost 13 years. A week ago week decided to give it a chance...........again. Went to a place on Rutland road that many have said was pretty good and placed a sizable order. Will tell you that the taste (flavor) was OK but AGAIN........2 of the orders were meat dishes, 1 Szechwan beef and 1 Curried pork and what we got was a tray for each that was 80% vegetables with MAYBE 4 ounces of meat at $15.00 per. NOW I remember why I cannot stand Chinese take-out here in Kelowna. These same meat dishes in other provinces were 90% meat with very few vegetables. If we wanted vegetables we could order beef and greens or whatever. In the restaurant business, Chinese has the LARGEST profit margin at over 400%...........its no wonder when these locals are feeding us predominantly a salad and rice on a $60.00 order.

Saigon, see you next month for soup!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

When I get bad service, like really bad, I just leave.

If spiteful, I place a decent order, wait a few minutes, then leave.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

gman313 wrote:its Kelowna, people making 350,000 a year demand perfection from people making 10.00 per hour

Work ethic is work ethic, doesn't matter how much money you make. If your work ethic sucks while making 10 bucks an hour it's still going to suck if you're making 350,000.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My wife talked to someone who has been to this place a couple of weeks after our disaster there.

Apparently nothing has changed! They won't be in business long.
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

Bsuds wrote:Our RVing group met for lunch today at a local restaurant. I won't mention the name because we have eaten there before with no issues. I will say it was an Oriental food place that has been around a long time in Kelowna.

When we arrived they told us the were late opening because 2 people called in sick. There were about 20 of us and 2 1/2 hrs later 8 people had still not received their food. Some that did couldn't eat because it was too cold. We were never offered drinks but they did serve water.

I have never had service this bad ever before! My meal was hot and wife's was cold so we didn't pay for hers.

I doubt we will ever go there again.

If anyone wants to know where this was PM me.

You went to a restaurant, for lunch (which is usually the busiest time for a restaurant because everyone is in a rush), on a weekday, with 20 people and no reservation, you were TOLD they were short staffed, and you are upset because the service was lacklustre? I’m surprised they didn’t just turn you away for not having a reservation.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TMBOkanagan wrote:
You went to a restaurant, for lunch (which is usually the busiest time for a restaurant because everyone is in a rush), on a weekday, with 20 people and no reservation, you were TOLD they were short staffed, and you are upset because the service was lacklustre? I’m surprised they didn’t just turn you away for not having a reservation.

Before you comment you should get your facts straight!

We had made the reservation a month in advance.

We were the first ones to arrive when they opened for lunch. (They were late)

The whole time we were there there were only maybe 10-15 other people in the restaurant who all came after our group and some of them got served before some of our group.

So you think it's acceptable to wait 2 hours and still have half of us not get their meals?

Are you the owner?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Was it the place rhymes with wagon bling

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Lake Tai is DELICIOUS and completely vegan. Awesome service, too.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

daria wrote:Lake Tai is DELICIOUS and completely vegan. Awesome service, too.

Their father i believe used to cook for the king of thailand

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote:Was it the place rhymes with wagon bling

No

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”