Do Christians

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Do Christians

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:
I have done plenty of reading, if the Magna carta was based on the Bible then you wouldn't have 600 or more years of serfdom of people all over Europe, in fact all the European rulers would have embraced those ideals, which they never did for a very long time.

So you know your history?

Magna Carta was written in 1215

Magna Carta Libertatum (Medieval Latin for "the Great Charter of the Liberties"), commonly called Magna Carta (also Magna Charta; "(the) Great Charter"),[a] is a charter agreed to by King John of England at Runnymede, near Windsor, on 15 June 1215.[b] First drafted by the Archbishop of Canterbury to make peace between the unpopular King and a group of rebel barons, it promised the protection of church rights, protection for the barons from illegal imprisonment, access to swift justice, and limitations on feudal payments to the Crown, to be implemented through a council of 25 barons.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

averagejoe wrote:What does your god Zeus have to do with Jesus Son of God? Zeus is of Greek myth with no historical record of him?

If you pronounce Jesus as "Hey-Zeus," (since the phonetic "jay" sound didn't exist at that time in Hebrew, Aramaic, Latin or Greek), then the Hellenized version of Jesus's name has more to do with Zeus than you think. His name isn't Jesus anyway, because no Hebrew woman was going to give her son a Greek name after what Antiochus Epiphanes did to the Temple or to the Jewish people. His name in Hebrew is Yeshua. Not only that, he wasn't born on the 25th of December (seriously). That is a pagan holiday adopted by the Catholic Church.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

daria wrote:
If you pronounce Jesus as "Hey-Zeus," (since the phonetic "jay" sound didn't exist at that time in Hebrew, Aramaic, Latin or Greek), then the Hellenized version of Jesus's name has more to do with Zeus than you think. His name isn't Jesus anyway, because no Hebrew woman was going to give her son a Greek name after what Antiochus Epiphanes did to the Temple or to the Jewish people. His name in Hebrew is Yeshua. Not only that, he wasn't born on the 25th of December (seriously). That is a pagan holiday adopted by the Catholic Church.

Yes I am well aware that Jesus's name is Yeshua! And that Dec 25th is not his birthday. But it is celebrated by Christians across Christendom.

Many Israelites from the Dara Tribe of Judah escaped Egypt to Greece before the Exodus. So the connection between Jesus and Zeus could be!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Do Christians ever stop to think that baptizing pagan holidays and traditions isn't what their God wants them to do?
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

daria wrote:Do Christians ever stop to think that baptizing pagan holidays and traditions isn't what their God wants them to do?

Have u spoken to God recently ? How do u know what he or she wants
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Since Christians supposedly believe that the entire Bible is true, then they already have their instructions for not including paganism in their worship. See Deuteronomy 12:2-3.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

daria wrote:Do Christians ever stop to think that baptizing pagan holidays and traditions isn't what their God wants them to do?

There are pagan holidays all over the calendar....so easy to cherry pick. :smt045

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Their God being Yahweh! You should know that since you knew Jesus's name.

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

I am only pointing out that most Christians celebrate holidays that are not in the Bible (Christmas and Easter), and that they ignore the entirety of their Scriptures (aka cherry-picking which commandments to follow).
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) isn't necessarily pronounced Yahweh. It is known as the unpronounceable name for a reason...
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

daria wrote:If you pronounce Jesus as "Hey-Zeus," (since the phonetic "jay" sound didn't exist at that time in Hebrew, Aramaic, Latin or Greek), then the Hellenized version of Jesus's name has more to do with Zeus than you think. His name isn't Jesus anyway, because no Hebrew woman was going to give her son a Greek name after what Antiochus Epiphanes did to the Temple or to the Jewish people. His name in Hebrew is Yeshua. Not only that, he wasn't born on the 25th of December (seriously). That is a pagan holiday adopted by the Catholic Church.

As you can see by the Royal Tribe of Judah family tree that Greek/Trojan Kings came out Judah's twin son Zarah via Son Dara who left Egypt for Greece before the Exodus.

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Are you Anglican?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

daria wrote:Are you Anglican?

Nope! No denomination.... :D

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

averagejoe wrote:This will be His Throne....Coronation Chair in Westminster Abbey with the Stone of Israel

Are you sure you're not Anglican?

Also, Revelation 20:11 describes a great white throne, which is very unlike the one you have posted here.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jan 1st, 2018, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: inapprpriate to the discussion.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”