Battleground year for chiefs

Snman
Übergod

Battleground year for chiefs

Post by Snman »

I'm sick of the 'chiefs' only wanting what's good for them and having no regard for what other Canadians need or want. I will never support the Indians in this country as long as they continue with this type of posture.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215146
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Battleground year for chiefs

Post by Jflem1983 »

As if they dont just want even more money. Im also tired of projects being shut down .

Look at the mess those Dakota idiots made . Protesting working people. They were lucky Trump wasnt president.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

j watson wrote:I'm sick of the 'chiefs' only wanting what's good for them and having no regard for what other Canadians need or want. I will never support the Indians in this country as long as they continue with this type of posture.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215146

they sure seem to have no problem with driving in cars that need gas, or living in there homes that need electricity
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Good points, both of you. Why do we allow ourselves to be held hostage like this when Indians make up less than 5% of the population of BC and closer to 4% of Canada's population? To look good on the world stage? I understand that we will support them financially in perpetuity but the time has come for some common sense.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Only in Canada do you lose a war and come out the victor.

Think of the chiefs and of quebec as well.

Can not think of any where else this has ever happened.

Our country is held hostage by this nonsense
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Only in Canada do you lose a war and come out the victor.

Think of the chiefs and of quebec as well.

Can not think of any where else this has ever happened.

Our country is held hostage by this nonsense

Agree....would love to see a time come when the taps get shut off...put them on notice that in 2020 they can be just like every other Canadian and treated as such.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Patience. A dog can only bite the hand that feeds it so many times. The pendulum will swing. Patience.
Someone has to say it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The one that got me . Protesting to protect the territory of spirit bear. A mythical creature. This is like saying u cant build in Kelowna. Its Ogopogo territory

twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Chief Phillip received a liver transplant because of lifestyle choices he has wisely changed. I can't help but wonder how many natural resource revenues paid for that huge liver transplant bill and it's ongoing anti rejection meds? I am pretty sure that "consultation" wasn't required and damned sure wind power or solar power didn't pay for it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

twobits wrote:Chief Phillip received a liver transplant because of lifestyle choices he has wisely changed. I can't help but wonder how many natural resource revenues paid for that huge liver transplant bill and it's ongoing anti rejection meds? I am pretty sure that "consultation" wasn't required and damned sure wind power or solar power didn't pay for it.

wow, why would he have a liver transplant, is that not the evil white mans way, is there not some natural native medicine he could of taken to cure his liver problems
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

the truth wrote:
twobits wrote:Chief Phillip received a liver transplant because of lifestyle choices he has wisely changed. I can't help but wonder how many natural resource revenues paid for that huge liver transplant bill and it's ongoing anti rejection meds? I am pretty sure that "consultation" wasn't required and damned sure wind power or solar power didn't pay for it.

wow, why would he have a liver transplant, is that not the evil white mans way, is there not some natural native medicine he could of taken to cure his liver problems

I wondee how long they used to live. Part of me thinks before 1950 the average native might have been real strong and healthy

Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Here we go again....another anti-First Nations thread.

How about going down to your local reservation and speaking to real people about their real issues?

Instead of complaining about how much "they get" look into WHY they're getting it.

Educate yourselves.

Its 2018.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Chyren wrote:Here we go again....another anti-First Nations thread.

How about going down to your local reservation and speaking to real people about their real issues?

Instead of complaining about how much "they get" look into WHY they're getting it.

Educate yourselves.

Its 2018.

Never met a native that wasnt friendly and approachable.

Never met a native that caused me much trouble at all actually.

I dont think this is about the average guy . Its more the national politics of it

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

100% correct
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Just to bad he didn't get Dean Martin's liver :cuss:

Return to “B.C.”