Pot Price

Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Re: Pot Price

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

^ ^^^
I don't hear too much about Black Market Bootleggers anymore since prohibition and private liquor stores on every corner. What makes you sure that in a few years time the industry won't figure out what the sweet spot is in terms of pricing?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:^ ^^^
I don't hear too much about Black Market Bootleggers anymore since prohibition and private liquor stores on every corner. What makes you sure that in a few years time the industry won't figure out what the sweet spot is in terms of pricing?

Lots of bootleggers around. U just dont know any. What would lead u to believe a criminal run government is gonna be able to overtake a criminal run industry. The people growing weed are criminals after all. Taxes. Who wants to pay more taxes. Thats what gets people growing weed to begin with. Obviously u are confused about the nature of the beast
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I remember when the news was all about bootleg and black market smokes as well. The fact remains that the black market on it is still there and fine I imagine, it just becomes at what level.

For most people if there is a legal route the bulk of people will take it, generally speaking, however when it comes to pot I imagine we simply won't know until a couple years into things. Many people will grow their own or have a buddy that does as that happens a lot already as it is, but over time people may just find it easier to run to the store than grow, I think time will tell on that but with how ingrained it already is it will be a slower transition.

Just my supposition however.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

I think many here are drastically underestimating the convenience factor. At the consumer level [who cares, relatively speaking, about the price per pound, when most people are buying individual amounts, similar to the six pack versus keg analogy] whether you’re spending an extra couple bucks to buy legal weed doesn’t matter to most people. The convenience factor of being able to swing by the store on the way home, rather than have to call someone and meet up somewhere, will be worth the price difference for most people.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gilchy wrote:I think many here are drastically underestimating the convenience factor. At the consumer level [who cares, relatively speaking, about the price per pound, when most people are buying individual amounts, similar to the six pack versus keg analogy] whether you’re spending an extra couple bucks to buy legal weed doesn’t matter to most people. The convenience factor of being able to swing by the store on the way home, rather than have to call someone and meet up somewhere, will be worth the price difference for most people.

Sounds like u got it figured out
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

The real problem isn't going to be right away either it'll be what happens two years down the road to our rights. So the government will legalize it all of a sudden these big pharmaceutical companies will get involved and there will be backdoor dealings with the government because Pharmacy doesn't like competition. So eventually the government being on their side will shut out and eventually stop all growing at home for some reason they'll come up with forcing everybody to buy only through there and then they'll change the rules that if you're caught growing your own, the penalties will be out of this world and certainly not in line with what they should be. Why does the government feel entitled to tax everything that they think of. It's because we all allow it. Where does it say in the Constitution the government has a never-ending right to taxation.. so everything is status quo now so when the government gets involved they're going to want probably 30% of everything. You know where that cost is going to be shifted to. The consumer. I don't know what to do with government in Canada. We need a real change of fundamental principles but we all need to get together to make it happen somehow. We need our own Donald Trump but somebody with a little more common sense and somebody that will fight for the person not the backdoor deals
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

It is kept werry, werry, quiet...donch ya know. :biggrin:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

True leaf trying to raise 10 million. Gonna buy land and build.

So 2500 kg a year. 6000 lbs. 1000 dollars a pound 6 million a year. After paying power and wages. These guys are gonna go broke

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hassel99 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I won't be concerned about pot prices as I won't be buying any

useless virtue signaling

/barf

Yes, barf all you want. Some day I might need medical pot and I will use it. In a heart beat. But I save my money for traveling and doing things while on those trips, sorry, it wasn't meant to be a moralizing, at all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Lots of bootleggers around. U just dont know any. What would lead u to believe a criminal run government is gonna be able to overtake a criminal run industry. The people growing weed are criminals after all. Taxes. Who wants to pay more taxes. Thats what gets people growing weed to begin with. Obviously u are confused about the nature of the beast

So how does growing a plant make you a criminal? this country was founded on agriculture for christ's sake.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

capleton wrote:So how does growing a plant make you a criminal? this country was founded on agriculture for christ's sake.

Are you talking about a single plant for personal consumption or are you talking about agricultural production of multiple, ilegal, plants for sale/resale/profit/business?

How about growing peyote, ciliciban mushrooms, heroin producing poppies, coca for cocaine? Let's not forget tobacco. All plants and can be grown on an agricultural scale.
Bring back the LIKE button.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

alanjh595 wrote:
capleton wrote:So how does growing a plant make you a criminal? this country was founded on agriculture for christ's sake.

Are you talking about a single plant for personal consumption or are you talking about agricultural production of multiple, ilegal, plants for sale/resale/profit/business?

How about growing peyote, ciliciban mushrooms, heroin producing poppies, coca for cocaine? Let's not forget tobacco. All plants and can be grown on an agricultural scale.

I do not see what is wrong with mushrooms or peyote but I am not talking about them. Unlike coca and poppies, growing hemp and cannabis has a long history in North America.

https://www.farmcollector.com/farm-life ... gic-fibers

http://www.herbmuseum.ca/content/hemp-colonial-canada
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What difference does it make as to what continent the PLANT came from?

They are, after all, just plants.

Where would we be without Rice, potatoes, Corn, cucumbers, and onions? They also all came from different continents.
Bring back the LIKE button.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

alanjh595 wrote:What difference does it make as to what continent the PLANT came from?

They are, after all, just plants.

Where would we be without Rice, potatoes, Corn, cucumbers, and onions? They also all came from different continents.

I am trying to educate you on its history because we live in North America. I do not see why marijuana is a victim of propaganda and stigmatizing, cannabis was just a plant growing until some rich guys in the 30s decided it was evil for no valid reason whatsoever
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

leave it to the government to find a way to screw up selling weed

Return to “Canada”