Snow falling

daria
Guru

Re: Snow falling

Post by daria »

Can't have dairy, but I suspect that I could make those anyway.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Next time snow is falling I should try that out. Buttermilk is also essential to make Creme Fraiche, so now I have to get some.

Snow is falling. Somewhere.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Snow is indeed falling somewhere. :runforlife:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:Next time snow is falling I should try that out. Buttermilk is also essential to make Creme Fraiche, so now I have to get some.

Snow is falling. Somewhere.

For the amount of buttermilk needed for homemade Crème Fraîche keep some buttermilk powder on hand or use a good quality sour cream.

Not snowing here and it bloody well better not start anytime soon.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Queen K wrote:... like yer still 20" :1422: Where's my onion rings? Can't get good delivery service these days.

20 inches? Oops. I read the punctuation wrong
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
dle
Lord of the Board

Snow falling...

Post by dle »

Ok there is something really twilight zoney going on in these forums because it doesn't seem to matter what I might be coming in to read, somehow I wind up having to go to DQ....maybe I need a tin hat :138:

HAPPY 2018 EVERYONE! I hope y'all have a much better year than last year :D !
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I am wondering.....considering how much snow we have this year, what impact is that going to have on flooding this Spring? This could be worse than last year. Maybe they should start bagging sand now and get ready.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

alanjh595 wrote:I am wondering.....considering how much snow we have this year, what impact is that going to have on flooding this Spring? This could be worse than last year. Maybe they should start bagging sand now and get ready.

Maybe when it's time to sandbag, people should use a hod to funnel sand into the bags instead of having people sit on the ground and hold the bags open while someone struggles to fill it with a shovel.
Sandbags can be filled as fast as people can shovel and another pull the full bags out from under the spout. Throw sand against the hod and they fill as fast as one can shovel. Doing it like that needs two people managing the bags, one on empties and one removing fulls.
And sandbags don't need to be tied.
Fold the top over. Place the bags on their sides . Done.

It was laughable last spring how some areas were filling sandbags.their properties were flooding while they struggled to fill bags. 15 minutes building a simple contraption with a few 2 x 4s and a sheet of 20 gauge woulda solved some problems.
So much for human ingenuity.

Wait till the power goes out for 2 months coz of a solar storm...
Lol. So much for bitcoin.
I'll be the cute one trading food and oil for gold.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

We all know if it floods again. Its cuz u drove to work last month. Get out and walk people
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

alanjh595 wrote:I am wondering.....considering how much snow we have this year, what impact is that going to have on flooding this Spring? This could be worse than last year. Maybe they should start bagging sand now and get ready.

Given the fact that the snowpack was at near record low at this time last year, I wouldn't put much stock in what the Spring will bring quite yet.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Freaking SNOW is falling, like it's Winter or sumthin'
Bman, SAY something!
For godssake be here at 5:30 am to dig me out with the tiger torch, will ya?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Ya wanna live close to the water, you have to accept the precipitation.
If ya really want some weather action, talk to glace.
He has a direct line to the weather peeps.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bman wrote:If ya really want some weather action,

Move to the East Coast!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Snow, but it was limited to a light dusting in Rutland. Enough to show cat prints in our driveway.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote: Enough to show cat prints in our driveway.

Send the Cat over here and it can follow the Rat prints in our snow. :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”