Hot water tank replacement

Business and professional recommendations.
W105
Guru

Re: Hot water tank replacement

Post by W105 »

no reason to be offended Jflem..the OP asked for a suggestion and it is up to them where they choose to go..

but yes your bro has very good reviews
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

W105 wrote:you are so very wrong about that Alan..( your article is also 5 yrs old) my spouse does hot water tanks all the time...

Whyme, he said Home Depot does have good prices for a 40 gallon tank, very comparable to what you would spend at a wholesaler...

we put in a new tank last yr..I noticed an immediate difference in savings..

Did you have Home Depot do your tank?... I’ve been quoted so far between $1450-$1600 from 2 companies and that seems a bit much to me for a 40gal tank. :135:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Don't forget to check on the rebates. Fortis has a rebate when replacing HW tank with a high efficiency model. ($200)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Check your Pms
Bring back the LIKE button.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

our tank was about $550 from a wholesaler and cost nothing for the install because my spouse is a gas fitter...
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

W105 wrote:our tank was about $550 from a wholesaler and cost nothing for the install because my spouse is a gas fitter...

And that helps me how? I’m a Airline pilot and I fly for free :135:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Whyme2 wrote:
W105 wrote:our tank was about $550 from a wholesaler and cost nothing for the install because my spouse is a gas fitter...

And that helps me how? I’m a Airline pilot and I fly for free :135:

I get my sandblasting and painting for free..

Wanna make a "deal" ?...lol
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Whyme...go buy your tank yourself..like I said, Home Depot prices are very close to a wholesaler's price...you'll avoid the extra market up price..then call a plumber and just pay for the install which should be no more than 3 hrs tops (and that's being generous) might cost you $300 for the install..total cost about $900..if you wanna save money, you'll have to do some stuff yourself (like buying the tank and getting it home)..if you cannot do that, well than you will have to pay the going rate...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

U have the phone number already for what will be the cheapest plumber u are gonna find. The guy does great work.
You can keep searching. Take a chance on anyone. Or just do it yourself. I would suggest u try my lil brother though
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Don't forget you also need a permit to install the new tank.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bsuds wrote:Don't forget you also need a permit to install the new tank.

Not as a home owner
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You could be right but even if I had the ability (which I do) to install a new tank I would not do it myself.
Also if you are replacing with a new style High Efficiency tank then the venting is different and you need to have a proffessional do it and a permit will be needed.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Why would they need to ask this question then?
Are you changing your existing gas equipment with a direct or similar replacement?
ie are you replacing a gas hot water tank with a similar gas hot water tank / same vent type?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:Why would they need to ask this question then?
Are you changing your existing gas equipment with a direct or similar replacement?
ie are you replacing a gas hot water tank with a similar gas hot water tank / same vent type?

When i was in school for this. U were allowed as a home owner. Its worded to discourage people from doing it themself. Still allowed too tho.

Return to “Referrals”