Re: Nice weather

Post by Lady tehMa »

Definitely snowing here
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Forecast low tonight: -14. Current temperature: -17!

That's for Vernon, but Kelowna is no different. Currently -15, which is below the forecast low of -13.

FAIL!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Here too! L -13
Currently - 15

FAIL!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Right on colder then forcasted :up: :up:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

funny how ya get use to it and it doesn't seem that cold anymore, or maybe that's the whiskey talkin :130:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Wow, it's such a beautiful morning today! Cold at -18C in Vernon, but pure sunshine on the white snow! I wish I hadn't left my camera at home!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Nothing but pure sunshine still at my house, BUT I drive into Vernon and VALLEY CLOUD! YUK! Before this I could see the valley cloud down toward Oyama and south, but Vernon was in sunshine. Not now, but still sunny at my place... suckas.
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Looks like more snow on the way.
Attachments
Kelowna Forecast .png
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Looks like Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday are going to be the worst of it. I hope the city is stock piling sand.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Ice crystals were dropping downtown about 4 today. I've been hiding indoors since I got home :topic: :runforlife:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Minus 5.
It's warming up!
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It's nice outside.
Feels like spring is only 11 weeks away.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Warnings
9:07 AM PST Friday 05 January 2018

Freezing rain warning in effect for:

Central Okanagan - including Kelowna
North Okanagan - including Vernon
South Okanagan - including Penticton
Freezing rain is expected or occurring.

Areas of patchy freezing rain are now spreading over the North and Central Okanagan and over the Arrow Slocan regions as well as the North Thompson. The freezing rain should end through the afternoon and early evening as the nose of warmer air aloft is eroded.

Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Poor weather conditions may contribute to transportation delays. Ice build-up may cause tree branches to break.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

alanjh595 wrote:Warnings
9:07 AM PST Friday 05 January 2018

Freezing rain warning in effect for:

Central Okanagan - including Kelowna
North Okanagan - including Vernon
South Okanagan - including Penticton
Freezing rain is expected or occurring.

Areas of patchy freezing rain are now spreading over the North and Central Okanagan and over the Arrow Slocan regions as well as the North Thompson. The freezing rain should end through the afternoon and early evening as the nose of warmer air aloft is eroded.

Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Poor weather conditions may contribute to transportation delays. Ice build-up may cause tree branches to break.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

Its strange because i saw the article about this and the update too yet i have not seen any freezing rain today. Normal rain yes but my vehicles had soft snow and rain spots on side windows and didn't notice any slippery parts on side or main roads.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Same. Never had any freezing rain. Currently plus 1 at my place.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”