Battleground year for chiefs

twobits
Guru

Re: Battleground year for chiefs

Post by twobits »

Jflem1983 wrote:Never met a native that wasnt friendly and approachable.

Never met a native that caused me much trouble at all actually.

I dont think this is about the average guy . Its more the national politics of it

Me either. And you make a good point about it being more politics than anything. Makes me think of my youth when I was a dues paying union member at a meeting. It was always the guys at the head table ranting about rights and what was due. Stirring the pot as much as they could to get the membership all fired up.
But even as a pup way back then, I realized that it was all those guys at the head table that always got a paycheque even when the guys they fired up with rhetoric got crumbs in strike pay if they were lucky.
Chief Stewart has never got a pay cheque from something he produced himself. At the teat of the taxpayer always. To me, he is a FN clone of David Suzuki and just as much of an opportunist fraud.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Jflem1983 wrote:As if they dont just want even more money. Im also tired of projects being shut down .

Look at the mess those Dakota idiots made . Protesting working people. They were lucky Trump wasnt president.

you are quick to comment on the camps those natives were forced to leave behind as militarized US police marched on them with armoured vehicles, but nothing about the 220,000 gallons of oil recently spilled 300km east of the DAPL camp thanks to the keystone pipeline.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

j watson wrote:I'm sick of the 'chiefs' only wanting what's good for them and having no regard for what other Canadians need or want. I will never support the Indians in this country as long as they continue with this type of posture.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215146

I have a feeling you'd never support First Nations regardless :smt045
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

[quote="Chyren"]Here we go again....another anti-First Nations thread.

How about going down to your local reservation and speaking to real people about their real issues?

Because there's a "No Trespassing sign" at the entrance to the reserve.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

generalposter wrote:Patience. A dog can only bite the hand that feeds it so many times. The pendulum will swing. Patience.

They will get their way with the current Government, Trudeau won't tell them enough is enough. He will just give them as much as they want as the purse has no bottom in his world!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:As if they dont just want even more money. Im also tired of projects being shut down .

Look at the mess those Dakota idiots made . Protesting working people. They were lucky Trump wasnt president.

you are quick to comment on the camps those natives were forced to leave behind as militarized US police marched on them with armoured vehicles, but nothing about the 220,000 gallons of oil recently spilled 300km east of the DAPL camp thanks to the keystone pipeline.

Theres always going to be spill potential, whether it leaks from a pipeline and they clean it up, or its transported by truck or train, there are still accidents. Difference is usually with truck or train accidents comes with fatalities. The Keystone pipe line moves 1.1 million barrels of unrefined crude a day. That's 46,200,000 US gallons moved daily, or what they spilled the "1" day was .48% of daily transport. This amount of movement would take 5500 trucks a day to move the same capacity.

Return to “B.C.”