NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:The Raiders have a lot of talent on the team. I think they are going to be amazing next season.

Just in time for their move to Vegas, meanwhile Oakland is left with empty stadium.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote: Just in time for their move to Vegas, meanwhile Oakland is left with empty stadium.

I feel bad for the Raider faithful.

... on a side note (speaking of stadiums), have you seen the plans for the new stadium in Las Angeles. Holy George Jetson!
It will be shared by the Los Angeles Rams and San Diego Chargers. The drawings of the completed structure are impressive.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I feel sorry for the fans too. That would be heartbreaking.

Holy smokes! I did see the new stadium plans! And I thought the same thing, it's so "futuristic" looking. [icon_lol2.gif]

None of this really does it justice. I'll have to see if I can find the pictures they showed during or after a game the other night.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look ... s-angeles/

ha! found it...

http://www.cnn.com/style/article/new-nf ... dium-2.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Good find! Wow eh?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It's going to be amazing!
When I was looking for pictures I found a live cam where you can watch the construction. lol
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: When I was looking for pictures I found a live cam where you can watch the construction. lol

Just speaking with my boss - a huge Rams fan. He has a brother in Los Angeles and says we can both stay there and go down to see a Rams home game after the stadium is complete. Sounds good boss (I'm not sure what my wife will say tho)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:I feel sorry for the fans too. That would be heartbreaking.

Holy smokes! I did see the new stadium plans! And I thought the same thing, it's so "futuristic" looking. [icon_lol2.gif]

None of this really does it justice. I'll have to see if I can find the pictures they showed during or after a game the other night.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look ... s-angeles/

ha! found it...

http://www.cnn.com/style/article/new-nf ... dium-2.jpg

Wonder how much the taxpayers of LA will be on the hoof for of that 2.6 billion dollars. Then how little will the 2 billionaires contribute, meaning owner of the Chargers & the owner of the Rams.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next weeks games, who moves on:
AFC
Jacksonville vs Pittsburgh
Tennessee vs New England

NFC
Atlanta vs Philadelphia
New Orleans vs Minnesota

I'm terrible at predicting, so here goes.
Pittsburgh (just 1 name Ben Roethlisberger)
New England (can never count Brady out)
Atlanta (if Wentz was the QB, I would have picked Philly)
New Orleans (this is just a guess)

Added later: interesting observation, no team west of Minnesota
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

ferri wrote:The Raiders have a lot of talent on the team. I think they are going to be amazing next season.

They are better right out of the gate with Gruden at the helm. That man knows football.

And I agree ferri; it does seem like he must watch every game ever played.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ka-El wrote:
ferri wrote: Cam Newton is odd. He was amazing last year and now not so much. I have to wonder if part of it isn't coaching? Maybe a fresh team is what he needs.

He needed help today. You cannot drop the perfect pass in the end zone when you're playing play-off football away from home. That could have changed the game, although I still think the Saints were the better team overall.

Newtons problem is, when things are going his way, he's the happpiest and best guy on the field but when they're not, he falls into an emotiona funk.

That is probably the biggest difference between him and guys like Brees and Brady and Roethlisberger; they screw up, they shake it off and they carry on.

His team let him down a few times in that game but all in all, the Saints are simply a better team.

I can't wait for the game against Minny;
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ka-El wrote:
ferri wrote: When I was looking for pictures I found a live cam where you can watch the construction. lol

Just speaking with my boss - a huge Rams fan. He has a brother in Los Angeles and says we can both stay there and go down to see a Rams home game after the stadium is complete. Sounds good boss (I'm not sure what my wife will say tho)

Girls weekend.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

mexi cali wrote:
They are better right out of the gate with Gruden at the helm. That man knows football.

And I agree ferri; it does seem like he must watch every game ever played.

The Raiders will be fun to watch.

I read that Richard Sherman watches football tapes in his spare time and I'll bet Gruden does the same. He seems to live for football. :D

mexi cali wrote:
Newtons problem is, when things are going his way, he's the happpiest and best guy on the field but when they're not, he falls into an emotiona funk.

That is probably the biggest difference between him and guys like Brees and Brady and Roethlisberger; they screw up, they shake it off and they carry on.

His team let him down a few times in that game but all in all, the Saints are simply a better team.

I can't wait for the game against Minny;

I thought for awhile it was a maturity thing, but I really think he might have some "issues". You're right, he's a blast to watch when he's doing well. You can tell he loves what he does.

Don't let Trip see this but, I really would love to see a Super Bowl without the stinking Patriots. I'm tired of them. :biggrin:
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote:Next weeks games, who moves on:
AFC
Jacksonville vs Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh)
Tennessee vs New England (Patriots will annihilate the Titans)

NFC
Atlanta vs Philadelphia (could go either way, but without Wentz, Atlanta)
New Orleans vs Minnesota (could go either way - I'll take the Vikings at home)

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: Don't let Trip see this but, I really would love to see a Super Bowl without the stinking Patriots. I'm tired of them. :biggrin:

Yup, even though I picked them for my playoff pool (would be foolish not to). Even though Brady might be the best NFL quarterback of all time. Even though they have been one of favourite teams in the past. It is just getting tired. No Patriots!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

GordonH wrote:Next weeks games, who moves on:
AFC
Jacksonville vs Pittsburgh
Tennessee vs New England

NFC
Atlanta vs Philadelphia
New Orleans vs Minnesota

Pittsburgh (IF the refs do their jobs and don't let Jacksonville get away with their nastiness.)
New England :-X

Philadelphia
New Orleans

(That's really hard to do, listening to your head instead of your heart. I failed a few times I think.)
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”