Public bathrooms

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Publc bathrooms

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Ya, I'm sure if you fill out a form in triplicat you'll get a refund right away.

[icon_lol2.gif]
Catsumi wrote:

Well, see how easy that is folks? Just fill out a form in triplicat, get munny for not using pubic washrooms.

Sorry it's not that easy. You will have to provide proof that you pee in the Lake. (Pictures) :smt045
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Publc bathrooms

Post by dirtybiker »

Catsumi wrote:

Well, see how easy that is folks? Just fill out a form in triplicat, get munny for not using pubic washrooms.

I'm rich, I'm rich.....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jonrox

Re: Public bathrooms

Post by Jonrox »

Rider59 wrote:This is exactly why the general public should not be allowed input on Public Works projects. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

I couldn’t agree more. This is exactly what I was talking about in the City budget thread. A whole bunch of idiots posting about something they know nothing about. We’re all idiots when it comes to projects like this.

To those talking about what their homes cost to build and comparing it to this project... what kind of shape do you think your house would be in 50 years from now after hundreds of thousands of people trampled through it? Especially considering a few of them will do their best to destroy and vandalize it.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

I’m looking forward to it and think it will be a great addition to the park and beach :D
Last edited by Whyme2 on Jan 8th, 2018, 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Thank you again, Councillor Hodge, for understanding what we regular folks think.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Heh heh.
$575 per sq ft.
Makes ya lol and think about everyone at the trough.

I can build em one that'll last 200 years and it wouldn't cost anywhere close.

<<enter now the engineers and retired engineers frothing>>
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

just popping in wrote:Thank you again, Councillor Hodge, for understanding what we regular folks think.

Exactly my point. I also understand what “regular” folks think and “regular” folks are idiots when it comes to projects like this... myself included. It’s why we’re “regular”.

“Regular”doesn’t mean “right”. In fact in cases like this, it probably means “wrong”. I’m more interested in what the non-regular experts know about these things... not some dummies whose only construction experience comes from the click together flooring they bought at Home Depot.
Last edited by Jonrox on Jan 8th, 2018, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

I also take offence to Castanet's headline regarding something that isn't too funny.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215741
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

People get offended by the crappiest headlines. It gets them feeling down in the dumps. Headlines like that are the number 2 reason for people getting offended on these forums.
dreamur

Post by dreamur »

just popping in wrote:Thank you again, Councillor Hodge, for understanding what we regular folks think.

Yes, thank you Mr. Hodge. You are clearly the only council member with a realistic perspective. Too bad you only have one vote! I can't believe how many people are trying to justify the $675K price tag. This is just another clear example of frivolous government spending! Bet they'd do it differently if they were spending their own money.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Charlie Hodge is quite likely the only one that does not reside in a multi million dollar
mansion on an expansive estate.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Bman wrote:Heh heh.
$575 per sq ft.
Makes ya lol and think about everyone at the trough.

I can build em one that'll last 200 years and it wouldn't cost anywhere close.

<<enter now the engineers and retired engineers frothing>>

Could you enlighten us with a cost/benefit analysis and cost breakdown on how you would accomplish this? I know many people that would be very interested in how to construct a year round vandal proof facility that meets all standards and is fully functional that will last 50 years for cheap. My self included, you could make me rich. Thanks in advance.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I didn't say cheap.
I said not anywhere close to 575 sq ft.
Theres a difference.

By chance, do you have a vested interest in the project?
Seems so, since you so vehemently defend the outrageous costs.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Bman wrote:I didn't say cheap.
I said not anywhere close to 575 sq ft.
Theres a difference.

By chance, do you have a vested interest in the project?
Seems so, since you so vehemently defend the outrageous costs.

Even so, one would think you would have those figure handy, even scratches on a napkin, if one as to make such a claim. I'll take that as a no and is just pure uniformed speculation then. Thanks for supporting your claim.

Absolutely no interest in this project at all. Just trying to correct wild uniformed speculation with facts and experience. That's all.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Scrobins94 wrote:
^Exactly. Our bodies only need to poop in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.

Farmmaa wrote:This is a beach. A beach. Let that sink in a moment.

It is not a beach right down town where people may go to see the pretty Christmas lights or go skating and drink hot chocolate in the winter time. It is not located on a busy urban boardwalk, or anywhere near a shopping district.

It is a beach that is not used enough during the winter months to justify the cost and risk of keeping it open year round.
If anyone has to poop that badly while they're driving down Lakeshore, there are plenty of gas stations and fast food places to make a quick stop at.

Most businesses have washrooms for "Customer Use Only". They even have signs stating that for people like you.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Central Okanagan”