Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol OPRAH!!!

monilynno
Board Meister

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol

Post by monilynno »

Glacier wrote:The health of a Democracy is inversely related to the odds of a celebrity getting elected... http://www.macleans.ca/politics/washing ... e-same/amp

Then you shouldn't have a problem with a billionaire real estate mogul as opposed to a tv talk show host. BTW Macleans is a left wing propaganda rag, the amount of fluff they print trying to make Canada's village idiot look good is repugnant.
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Oprah for President

Post by Omnitheo »

This thread already exists, though you may not know it because threads here tend to have rhetorical non-descript headlines

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=76621

As for news...they do. They report on multiple things, the castanet article is specifically posted on the world news section...
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

monilynno wrote:Yeah it can, a lot worse. Someone ask her why she's sucking Weinstein the pig's ear.

Guess when your a billionaire a peck on the cheek will suffice
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse than Trump? Lol OPRAH!!!

Post by JLives »

Famous people have always been elected President. It's just that they used to be generals. Name recognition goes a long way. She's smart, empathetic and driven. She has a vast network of resources. She built herself into a billionaire from nothing. No loans from Daddy and did it as a black woman to boot. Oprah's a woman who gets stuff done. She is totally worthy to run for office.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

[/quote] Guess when your a billionaire a peck on the cheek will suffice[/quote]

If you think that's what that is you need new glasses, better yet I have a bridge to sell you. LOL
#SheKnew Everyone in Hollywood knew.
Attachments
26239611_10215523415539203_5489994593078283821_n.jpg
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I was referring to Oprah the billionaire.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

She makes a speech at the awards show and all of a sudden she is imminently qualified to be the President of the USA. No wonder that country is in such a governance mess.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

monilynno wrote:
If you think that's what that is you need new glasses, better yet I have a bridge to sell you. LOL
#SheKnew Everyone in Hollywood knew.

I like Oprah, and I'm sure that she's a warm and kind person. Maybe she knew and didn't say anything, but would you or I? It's hard to say without living it. One thing that is true is that it takes extraordinary bravery to stand up to famous people who can influence how everyone reacts to you blowing the whistle. Another is that all this condemnation after the fact is not bravery... https://www.dailywire.com/news/25502/walsh-matt-walsh
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Since we skipped over a white female presidentette, that now makes it time for a black female presidentette.
I’d rather vote for Jessica Simpson and the Dukes of Hazzard.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Image

Yes, being a billionaire TV star doesn't qualify you for president, but being an intelligent, dignified, capable leader, with a seeming modicum of humility, a strong work ethic and actual business credentials might just. That said, I would prefer that Oprah not run, nor become president, but still I doubt she'd be worse than all but maybe 2 of the last 10 presidents.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

She won't do it.
There's near zero control on your image when your president, nasty stuff happens where you can't win.
She'll go from a pretty favorable % for Oprah now, to near 50% during elections, to sometimes where it seems not even Dems will have her back.
Don't think having a hand in sending soldiers into combat, or resulting deaths of all ages being consistent with the Oprah brand.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Oprah Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president, two of her close friends told CNN Monday.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/media/o ... index.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Treblehook wrote:She makes a speech at the awards show and all of a sudden she is imminently qualified to be the President of the USA. No wonder that country is in such a governance mess.

Indeed. And to think the incumbent got elected with even less qualifications. Oprah started from nothing and built an empire. Trump started with an empire, and like his presidency, he is struggling to keep it together. God help America
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ivanka Trump:
“Just saw Oprah’s empowering & inspiring speech at last night’s #GoldenGlobes,” she said on her father’s favorite social media platform. “Let’s all come together, women & men, & say #TimesUp.”

Good job Ivanka!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “World”