Aqua marine valet towers

BoBillyBob

Re: Aqua marine valet towers

Post by BoBillyBob »

I wonder if now that this flooding is happening, the city is going to reconsider having approved these 3 large lakefront towers along a very volatile shelf of land sitting close to Mission Creek.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Let 'em build it and wait for the lake to inundate it, and then watch the crying. You can't fool around with Mother Nature.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

I am having a difficult time understanding why or how this could happen without 4 - lanes on Lakeshore. Truswell back to Mission Shopping Center backed up constantly. reference :
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215839
One can always reason with reason.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Andy S wrote:I am having a difficult time understanding why or how this could happen without 4 - lanes on Lakeshore. Truswell back to Mission Shopping Center backed up constantly. reference :

You make it sound as if there is only one way in and one way out. Not everyone is going to take Lakeshore Rd. Who says that some of the people won't go to Gordon via Cook Rd. or Lexington? Or break off at Barrera to Casorso to access Benvoulin? Some might even turn right to access DeHart to Swamp Rd. to Benvoulin.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Andy S wrote:I am having a difficult time understanding why or how this could happen without 4 - lanes on Lakeshore. Truswell back to Mission Shopping Center backed up constantly. reference :

You make it sound as if there is only one way in and one way out. Not everyone is going to take Lakeshore Rd. Who says that some of the people won't go to Gordon via Cook Rd. or Lexington? Or break off at Barrera to Casorso to access Benvoulin? Some might even turn right to access DeHart to Swamp Rd. to Benvoulin.

Dehart is backed up 24 /7. So is gordon. So is lakeshore. Kelowna is gonna be a densified shot hole soon. Every nice area is being over built . No new roads. Worst planning there ever was goes on in Kelowna. GAIL GIVEN is a fkin disaster. So are all her friends on council. Somehow Kelowna needs to survive these idiots . Pray for Kelowna.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

Anonymous123 wrote:

None of the side roads you mention were ever intended for the traffic we are talking about here. With this many new vehicles we'd have to see even more traffic lights (which are partially to blame for all the backup and stop and go), the problem is that we have a no flow scenario. It is all about getting to a side street to get to another side street to get on an already over utilized main artery which has also just a mess of traffic lights.

In hall honesty there is no single artery into the upper mission or even some of the other neighbourhoods in town which has been contemplated to handle the sheer amount of vehicles we now funnel through it. Some arteries (lakeshore, and gordon for example. I mention these as I am most familiar with them) have been actually reduced in lanes "for traffic calming around mission park with seriously asinine on-street parking" when in reality alone for the safety and emergency aspects we need them to be widened.

I am blown away how much traffic Swamp Road now carries at almost all times of the day, I remember the old hokey road and the few cars it carried, now it is a major roadway necessary to get into the mission. The roundabouts definitely helped, but I suspect they are going to be a patch solution as 4 lane intersections will be needed sooner rather than later.

I don't think it has gone unnoticed to anyone that traffic on spall/glenmore, hwy 97/33, lakeshore, gordon, dilworth, sexsmith, swamp, has exponentially increased and we all know there isn't a fast solution to this but one can mitigate the issue by being smart about developments.

We need housing units for locals, we need tourism dollars, we need infrastructure. These lakeside resorts just do not contribute to the local housing crisis in the large scale, as locals are less likely to purchase any of these units, but they most definitely contribute to traffic.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

On another note you may not know but in the city's infantile wisdom they are removing about a 1/3 of the parking spots at the Eldorado boat launch for this aqua development. That lot is packed every weekend. In fact fights almost break out because there isn't enough parking. And they are going to remove a third of it. That will make things so much better. :cuss:
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Added a City map viewer image for reference.
Attachments
Jan10_18_01.jpg
One can always reason with reason.

Return to “Central Okanagan”