NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: NFL

Post by mexi cali »

I am with you Ferri; my Saints can beat the Vikings but doesn't mean they will. At least it's indoors. The Saints don't like the cold even though they managed to beat Buffalo in their yard.

The Falcons and Philly are pretty even with Wentz out but it'll be cold and the Eagles are better suited for cold weather. And, I hate the Falcons.

New England cuz they're New Emgland and the Steely eyed boys will do their football thing.

Saints need their defense to stand tall and Brees needs to be Brees. Josh Hill (secret weapon) and Michael Thomas and Ted Ginn are amazing receivers so they need to be a big part of the game. Of course Ingram and Kamara are due for big games.

Go Saints
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I'm so happy right now I could dance. :D

Sources: Firing of Darrell Bevell could just be the beginning of Seahawks’ coaching changes

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... _1_10_2018
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:I'm so happy right now I could dance. :D

Sources: Firing of Darrell Bevell could just be the beginning of Seahawks’ coaching changes

It all depends who actually wanted this to happen, if it's coming from the GM then there good chance more of coaching staff could be fired.
If this was requested from the Head Coach to the GM then it is highly doubtful the head coaches job is on the line. Of course owner can speak up & call on the GM to fire the head coach.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:
ferri wrote:I'm so happy right now I could dance. :D

It all depends who actually wanted this to happen, if it's coming from the GM then there good chance more of coaching staff could be fired.
If this was requested from the Head Coach to the GM then it is highly doubtful the head coaches job is on the line. Of course owner can speak up & call on the GM to fire the head coach.

Coaches generally hire and fire their own staff. Carroll hinted at changes in the coaching staff after their last game.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I know a lot of fans have called for Bevell's head over the years. [icon_lol2.gif] I've also seen a few of the players yelling at him on the sidelines.
― Albert Einstein
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Firing Darrell Bevell now...........too little too late. This P.O.S. should have been fired literally after the play (not the end of the game) he called that resulted in the interception and killing what should have been Seattle's second Super Bowl win. Paul Allen should also look at Pete Carroll being replaced. Between Carroll and Bevell, they ruined what was a very talented team that will now be dismantled due to injuries and age and no doubt, no faith in their coaching staff. Would LOVE to hear what Richard Sherman has to say!

It is amazing what ONE play did to this team mentally........but the coaching staff was not accountable.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Jan 10th, 2018, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I would love to hear Sherman's take on all this too!
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Firing Darrell Bevell now...........too little too late. This P.O.S. should have been fired literally after the play (not the end of the game) he called that resulted in the interception and killing what should have been Seattle's second Super Bowl win. Paul Allen should also look at Pete Carroll being replaced. Between Carroll and Bevell, they ruined what was a very talented team that will now be dismantled due to injuries and age and no doubt, no faith in their coaching staff. Would LOVE to hear what Richard Sherman has to say!

It is amazing what ONE play did to this team mentally........but the coaching staff was not accountable.

That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:
That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.

Why would it have to be approved by Carroll? He has less than 10 seconds to call a play, I doubt he discussed it with Carroll. I think Carroll took responsibility to take the heat from Bevell.

Firing a person for one mistake is ridiculous. Carroll is a big reason this team has achieved the success they have.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.

johnny24 wrote:Why would it have to be approved by Carroll? He has less than 10 seconds to call a play, I doubt he discussed it with Carroll. I think Carroll took responsibility to take the heat from Bevell.

Firing a person for one mistake is ridiculous. Carroll is a big reason this team has achieved the success they have.

Because he is Head Coach & they are coordinators, notice those headsets they all wear. It's used to communicate plays.

1 play that cost them the biggest prize in football.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:
GordonH wrote:That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.

johnny24 wrote:Why would it have to be approved by Carroll? He has less than 10 seconds to call a play, I doubt he discussed it with Carroll. I think Carroll took responsibility to take the heat from Bevell.

Because he is Head Coach & they are coordinators, notice those headsets they all wear. It's used to communicate plays.

1 play that cost them the biggest prize in football.

I don't like the call either, but I can guarantee they didn't tell Wilson to throw an interception.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

johnny24 wrote:I don't like the call either, but I can guarantee they didn't tell Wilson to throw an interception.

To throw that close to goal line in a Super Bowl game is unheard of.... then doing it against a Bill Belichick defence is just pure stupid. He is the type of coach that most likely teaches his players to expect the unexpected.

Something to read for those interested in getting to know the game a little bit more:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1666 ... onsibility
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Vikings have a shot at home field for the Superbowl. Go Vikings
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

While I disagree with that call as well, it was definitely not unheard of.
http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post ... from-the-1
Sometimes you have to do the unexpected to win too.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:Vikings have a shot at home field for the Superbowl. Go Vikings

Yes they do, it would be much more interesting if their stadium was an open one. Of course they need to provide for the wimpy football fans... hearty fans would be okay with it. lol

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”