Dashcam

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Dashcam

Post by Ken7 »

Santa brought me a new toy, a Dash Cam.

Thinkware X330 Dashcam. Wondering anyone else have one of this make and model and what are your thoughts?

Any other cam users post on what your thoughts are.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Dashcam

Post by Bsuds »

I have had one for a few years (different than yours) and it seems to work well enough. Luckily I have not "needed" it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Have a blackvue 650 2 channel (front and rear). Love it. Has got me some great clips and hope I never need it but for the price it may come in handy some day.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I normally have a GoPro hero session on the dash as it's really small. I would love to hear how yours works. I wouldn't mind getting an actual dash cam.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

gsc wrote:I normally have a GoPro hero session on the dash as it's really small. I would love to hear how yours works. I wouldn't mind getting an actual dash cam.

I've not mounted it yet, although as soon as I try it I'll try and remember to post a review.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

vegas1500 wrote:Have a blackvue 650 2 channel (front and rear). Love it. Has got me some great clips and hope I never need it but for the price it may come in handy some day.

I checked them out and were very nice but pricey.

Did you hardwire them?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

OK so I finally got my Dash cam installed and took it for a test drive.

Thinkware X330 in my truck.

I had to laugh while cruising down Bernard Street, City Transit bus, no stopping them I guess red lights don't apply.

At 11:35 am, I'm stopped at St.Paul and solid red and the bus goes east up the road.

Summary, the loops are one minute loops and yes I saved that one. While viewing you can fast forward or skip loops to the incident you want to save. Simple to use, as if the incident was in say loop 8, you view it and then there is a Icon where you click and save.

Clarity of the video, I was surprised, very good. There is a option where you can zoom in. If you are say stopped behind a vehicle and you want the license plate, zoom and you have it. The owners manual, little light does not go into depth about all the options, more about installation and hiding your power wire etc.

Went to Youtube and viewed several videos on the topic and there are a lot. I think it would be a good investment, as it will possibly cover you butt say a intersection accident, or someone backing into you etc.

Just my views on it.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

That's awesome I'm glad it works well for you. I am still looking around for one. I'm still useing my go pro for now
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

gsc wrote:That's awesome I'm glad it works well for you. I am still looking around for one. I'm still useing my go pro for now

Cookson Motors have the following on sale for like $65.00 for the next month. Regular $135.00 or so. A friend of mine just bought. Youtube it and see what you think good price.

http://www.panasonic.com.tw/caraudio_e/ ... CY-VRP110T
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Ken7 wrote:
gsc wrote:That's awesome I'm glad it works well for you. I am still looking around for one. I'm still useing my go pro for now

Cookson Motors have the following on sale for like $65.00 for the next month. Regular $135.00 or so. A friend of mine just bought. Youtube it and see what you think good price.

http://www.panasonic.com.tw/caraudio_e/ ... CY-VRP110T

I might go have a look tomorrow at them. At $65 that's not to bad on the wallet either

Return to “Creative Endeavours”