Ella set to rise.....

dle
Lord of the Board

Ella set to rise.....

Post by dle »

The Mission Group project, at the corner of Lawrence Avenue and Ellis Street across from Castanet's new studios, will feature a 20-storey tower, housing 116 condo units.

It begs the question.....now, are they SURE they are going to get 20 stories??? Or will it top off at maybe 11 and "disappoint" the City again?

How can the City be sure? What to do? What to do?

As Winnie would say "Oh bother......"

I guess we will find out how tall it is when it's completed and we can simply count the floors...solved!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Ella set to rise.....

Post by TreeGuy »

Or is it only 19 because there is no 13th floor?

I just hope this doesn't become some half completed derelict.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216044

It's 75% sold so I would imagine it will end up as planned.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Kelowna I’m so proud. We’ve gone from complaining about buildings being too tall to complaining about buildings not being tall enough.

You’re growing up so fast. Brings a tear to my eye.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The plans were changed from 19 to 20.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:The plans were changed from 19 to 20.

Well how on earth were they supposed to make money at only 19 stories ? We should have approved 30 for them.(sarcasm off)
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-216044-1-.htm#216044

One would hope but isn't Central Green partially sold as well? I suppose none of the tower units were spoken for - that would be kind of tricky!
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

dle wrote:
Fancy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-216044-1-.htm#216044

One would hope but isn't Central Green partially sold as well? I suppose none of the tower units were spoken for - that would be kind of tricky!

The building at Central Green that was recently not approved was a rental building. I believe the units that are being sold right now are part of the Mission Group's development on the site that has already been approved.
Roadhog

Post by Roadhog »

It is good to see development in that area, but it is just a pity that the parking is not going to be underground. Above ground parkades are really ugly and a detriment to the downtown area.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Roadhog wrote:It is good to see development in that area, but it is just a pity that the parking is not going to be underground. Above ground parkades are really ugly and a detriment to the downtown area.

Having worked on a few bigger buildings downtown. The water table is really high. They already float these buildings on piles and pray for the best. Going down is likely not an option
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216044

It would be curious how many of that 75% are actual residents & how many are investors.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Roadhog wrote:It is good to see development in that area, but it is just a pity that the parking is not going to be underground. Above ground parkades are really ugly and a detriment to the downtown area.

Having worked on a few bigger buildings downtown. The water table is really high. They already float these buildings on piles and pray for the best. Going down is likely not an option

I guess that's why all the towers right on the lake have underground parking
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ then each of them must have one hell of a pumping system, they would be below the water table.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

A few of those towers have serious issues.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Wasn't one of them flooded more than once?
Yea how many sold have lil bearing on completion targets met.. ask those still waiting to move into Sopa
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”