Banks Crescent Boondoggle

Banks Crescent Boondoggle

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 11th, 2018, 2:00 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... Banks-Cres

I missed my chance to comment on this yesterday, so here goes:
Did the Lark Group actually buy that property and if so, what did they pay for it? Something really stinks if a developer can hold a town hostage for months on end over a property that anyone with a brain knows is in the wrong location for a development of this size. If a municipal government can be thrown out for proposing a swap of ALR land for some rocky hillside,you'd think the new bunch would know better than to even consider this ill-conceived plan.

2 people like this post.
Cactusflower
√úbergod

Liked in: 403 posts

Re: Banks Crescent Boondoggle

Postby seewood » Jan 12th, 2018, 9:08 am

I'm waiting for Summerland to finally say this location is not suitable for a project of this scope. Project is a great idea, but find a better location.
Once this has been proclaimed, the Lark group will then put forth a large media campaign saying Summerland is again not open for business.

Regarding the ownership of the property, I believe one of lark groups principals bought it/own it. Likely bought it for a song as it was not zoned institutional at that time. Now applying for rezoning to allow the construction for this project.
I'm thinking this is the reason they say they will not look for a properly zoned area for this project, this land was comparatively cheap, a properly zoned land parcel, if you can find it, not so much.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

3 people like this post.
seewood
Board Meister

Liked in: 505 posts

Postby fluffy » Jan 12th, 2018, 1:05 pm

seewood wrote:Regarding the ownership of the property, I believe one of lark groups principals bought it/own it. Likely bought it for a song as it was not zoned institutional at that time. Now applying for rezoning to allow the construction for this project.
I'm thinking this is the reason they say they will not look for a properly zoned area for this project, this land was comparatively cheap, a properly zoned land parcel, if you can find it, not so much.

What's wrong with the old Parkdale Place property just south of Main Street, east of the park? There has been a couple of proposal for this property that didn't fly, this would be an ideal location.
It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.

2 people like this post.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3473 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Jan 12th, 2018, 9:33 pm

No view.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 962 posts

Postby old boy » Today, 9:31 pm

No lake view and cheap land compared to the Wharton St site!!As proposed this project is just in the wrong location,both for the benefit of the town and for those that are going to occupy it.It should be in the Downtown area,easy to service and maintain and for the economic benefit of the downtown business,as well as the ease of accessibility for the residents!
Good project,WRONG LOCATION!!!
old boy
Fledgling

Liked in: 174 posts

Return to South Okanagan