Old Bargain Store Rezoning Application

Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Old Bargain Store Rezoning Application

Post by Scrobins94 »

Looks like Mission Group is looking to rezone the former Bargain Store property. 24 story tower. Not bad, it is far away enough from the waterfront. As long as they can provide sufficient parking for their retail and residential components this should be good.

http://apps.kelowna.ca/CityPage/DevApps ... 201471.pdf
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-01-13-12-08-35.png
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Old Bargain Store Rezoning Application

Post by GordonH »

Based on the drawing 4 levels of above ground parking is hopefully enough for everyone in the building, plus those who will be working in the stores/retail areas.

likely 1 parking stall per/condo.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Who is buying all these condos ..
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:Who is buying all these condos ..

Investors hopping to make a profit
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Guess those that were parking monthly there will have to find a new spot.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:Guess those that were parking monthly there will have to find a new spot.

Yep that impark lot is going bye.. bye once construction beings.
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

GordonH wrote:Yep that impark lot is going bye.. bye once construction beings.

Impark might own a number of their parking lots/parkades (major cities maybe?) but, as far as I know, they just manage them on behalf of the current property owners, which, in this case, is Mission Group. As far as I understand their pay structure, they basically take a flat percentage as their "fee" (probably the typical 10% of Net Operating Income or something) but for the fines they levy, they get to take almost all of it. :)

I know the CPPIB or Ontario Teachers Pension Plan majority owns it - it's a good business. I'd like to know who owns Diamond Parking Service, though.

Cheers,
Doug
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

Is "The Tower" its actual name or just a placeholder name?

If that's its actual name, well done Mission Group on such an original, well thought out name. Kudos to your creativity and ingenuity! ;)

Cheers,
Doug
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Yep that impark lot is going bye.. bye once construction beings.

forumdoug wrote:Impark might own a number of their parking lots/parkades (major cities maybe?) but, as far as I know, they just manage them on behalf of the current property owners, which, in this case, is Mission Group. As far as I understand their pay structure, they basically take a flat percentage as their "fee" (probably the typical 10% of Net Operating Income or something) but for the fines they levy, they get to take almost all of it. :)

I know the CPPIB or Ontario Teachers Pension Plan majority owns it - it's a good business. I'd like to know who owns Diamond Parking Service, though.

Cheers,
Doug

Diamond Parking Service, head office is in Seattle
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

GordonH wrote:Diamond Parking Service, head office is in Seattle

I could've found that out! Who are its shareholders, though? That's what I asked!

Cheers,
Doug
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Diamond Parking Service, head office is in Seattle

forumdoug wrote:I could've found that out! Who are its shareholders, though? That's what I asked!

Cheers,
Doug

It does not appear to be publicly traded company, that tells me the Diamond Family owns complete control.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ies-at-99/
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

This application is for the parking lot on St. Paul St., not the "Old Bargain Store".
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Jflem1983 wrote:Who is buying all these condos ..

Probably the same people who made a mess out of vancouver, cause we all know the wages in kelowna don't support the prices
http://business.financialpost.com/real- ... ing-market
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Anonymous123 wrote:This application is for the parking lot on St. Paul St., not the "Old Bargain Store".

Yep, future phases include the old bargain shop. See drawings on page 4 within the link on OP
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Yeah, I saw that. Key word is future. They may decide something totally different for the Bargain Store property. Look at Central Green, just as far from the lake.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Central Okanagan”