Roof ice dam removal

Business and professional recommendations.
rookie314
Übergod

Roof ice dam removal

Post by rookie314 »

Anyone know who to call to remove ice dams on a roof?
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Roof ice dam removal

Post by Jflem1983 »

Years ago. I started kelowna cash jobs on fb. Id ask on there. . 4000 or so members last i heard
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Another thing u may want to try . If its not already leaking. Put a heat tape up there. Melt the ice
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Pretty sure i have a 30 ft heat tape. U r welcome to use it if u need it.

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

heat tape might work but then you have to worry about the frozen gutters.. Best things to do is try to remove the snow on the roof over the soffit area to about a foot higher . Ice dams occur where the melting snow from the heated area of roof meets the unheated area above the soffits where the snow doesn't melt .

There's only so much you can do except wait it out and the next time you do the roof , install a self adhesive membrane at the eaves..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Our downspouts were full of ice, try and clear them out, it might help.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

putting a sock full of ice melt works well for creating a path for the water to escape and putting a box fan in your attic will pull cold are in stopping them from getting worse other than that shovel the snow off I shovelled mine last weekend that cured it until i get a proper solution in the spring, some years i don't get them others i get them quite bad

Return to “Referrals”