Old Bargain Store Rezoning Application

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Old Bargain Store Rezoning Application

Post by GordonH »

Anonymous123 wrote:Yeah, I saw that. Key word is future. They may decide something totally different for the Bargain Store property. Look at Central Green, just as far from the lake.

Property owners have that going for them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

GordonH wrote:It does not appear to be publicly traded company, that tells me the Diamond Family owns complete control.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ies-at-99/

Thanks for that...that's helpful and I'd mostly agree with you subject to the following caveats:
[list=]
[*]that they may have only had majority control - we don't know if or who any minority partners might be
[*]that they've not since divested some or all of that equity stake
[/list]

Cheers,
Doug
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ :135:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

forumdoug wrote:
GordonH wrote:It does not appear to be publicly traded company, that tells me the Diamond Family owns complete control.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ies-at-99/

Thanks for that...that's helpful and I'd mostly agree with you subject to the following caveats:
[list=]
[*]that they may have only had majority control - we don't know if or who any minority partners might be
[*]that they've not since divested some or all of that equity stake
[/list]

Cheers,
Doug

It does say on both their Canadian and American website, "family owned and operated"
They may have investors, they may not... unfortunatly they are under zero obligation to disclose that to the public.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

If all goes well maybe theyll get permission for a helipad. Make it really super exclusive, out of reach of the "common" man.

In favor of the peasants, I still say the bargain store would have done better as a year'round farmers market though.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Central Okanagan”