Snow falling

daria
Guru

Re: Snow falling

Post by daria »

I don't know if 15-20 cm constitutes a snowpocalyse!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It's been downgraded.
Issued: 5:00 AM PST Thursday 11 January 2018
Detailed Forecast
Today Snow. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this morning. High minus 4.
Tonight Snow ending late this evening then cloudy. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Low minus 6.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

alanjh595 wrote:It's been downgraded.
Issued: 5:00 AM PST Thursday 11 January 2018
Detailed Forecast
Today Snow. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this morning. High minus 4.
Tonight Snow ending late this evening then cloudy. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Low minus 6.

Here's my take: Christmas has come and gone so we've had the "pretty" part that is nice for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, Santa is back at the North Pole, Stuart Park rink doesn't need snow to be fun, it sucks to drive in it, it sucks to shovel it, you have to dress like the Michelin man to go for a walk etc etc. I no longer see the need for even one flake to fall in the City so let's be done with it and move on to tulips. It can all just stay up in the hills to make Michael B happy and if I really, really want some I'll go up there and get it I promise.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

YES, I agree. I am over it too.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

It's funny how the forecast went from bad, to worse to.... nothing to worry about. Glad it was downgraded!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It quit snowing here around 9:45 pm.

Does anyone else got a snow report? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I am inviting quotes to install an Envirodome over my property.
You suckers can have your favorite season.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This snow is worse than dry snow. It's ugly, not pretty and wet. Ugh.

Note: snow if falling. Icky snow.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

WOW!!! Is it ever coming down hard and fast right now here in Glenmore/Dilworth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Mt Washington on Vancouver Island has received in last 24hrs 105cm of snow :200:
winter wonderland
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

GordonH wrote:Mt Washington on Vancouver Island has received in last 24hrs 105cm of snow :200:
winter wonderland

I don't want to sound like a meanie but better them that us lol! I am SO done with flakes - it was so nice to go out yesterday in just a pair of shoes and not slosh through white stuff. I don't think it's done with us yet but I'm squeezing out every minute I can that I'm not wrapped up like Nanook of the North!

Seriously though I hope it doesn't cause them a bunch of grief - I think snow is just so useless unless it's Christmas Eve/Day or on a ski hill!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Sorry to burst your bubble - but on the bright side, how often has the weatherman/woman been right?

Untitled.png
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 21st, 2018, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Mt Washington on Vancouver Island has received in last 24hrs 105cm of snow :200:
winter wonderland

dle wrote:I don't want to sound like a meanie but better them that us lol! I am SO done with flakes - it was so nice to go out yesterday in just a pair of shoes and not slosh through white stuff. I don't think it's done with us yet but I'm squeezing out every minute I can that I'm not wrapped up like Nanook of the North!

Seriously though I hope it doesn't cause them a bunch of grief - I think snow is just so useless unless it's Christmas Eve/Day or on a ski hill!

Knowing that it only takes 30cm to pretty well shutdown Kelowna, 105cm would be over kill.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

oneh2obabe wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble - but on the bright side, how often has the weatherman/woman been right?

Untitled.png

yeah I saw that - I was hoping to forget I saw it lol! I check out a patch where our crocuses peek out and I stared closely at the ground but I was out of luck. I know it's just wishful thinking.....

Return to “Central Okanagan”