Prof put on restrictions

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Prof put on restrictions

Post by LANDM »

Temet Nosce wrote:
LANDM wrote:Are you saying someone could, for example, make up a glaringly obvious username to imply insider knowledge, and then say whatever they want to further their aim or agenda, whatever that may be......maybe even just for fun or perhaps for darker reasons?

Noooooo. :biggrin:

lol....I know I know but I couldn't help but state the obvious.... :admin:

eta ...but come on you have to admit the Forum bitcoin joke was pretty good :smt045

It was boss. :up:
You and 71 others Like this post
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

normaM wrote:^^^ well darlin you lost me. You know Profs ( yawn) You trivialize what some women experience daily ( yawning again) It is this false backlash against METOO pisses me off. Anita Hall was fried over 25 years ago
If this thread bores you so very much you hear crickets
door over here --------->
but the betting bitcoins, props on that line

normaM …crickets about no response (at any point) from OP to any post and IMO OP’s posts were only to generate reactions—that’s just IMO.
Trivialize women—never! I am one…and have experienced many examples of unwanted sexual advances including sexual harassment—even in University—handled it ‘old school’ (sorry if that offends any one). NO hate mail PLEASE I get enough [icon_lol2.gif] ... I know it happens and I am not debating that.
My posts have nothing to do with whether he did it or not— don’t know-- might be a dirt bag. Not my focus. My posts-- all about pointing out someone gossiping or another who has really *bleep* judgement...as a "psychprof".
Bitcoins just a sleep deprived joke (sorry Forum :admin:) thxs for seeing that normaM. I thought funny, but then again, I do have a bad habit of laughing at my own jokes. :biggrin:
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

I miss DonaldG... he got my warped sense of humor :sleepdeprived:
psychprof
Fledgling

Post by psychprof »

Dude. Can’t reply to all of your taunts as I do have a job and family and such. Anyway, if you don’t believe my post, that’s part of the problem, no? Read the news stories. Form your own opinion.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

but then again, I do have a bad habit of laughing at my own jokes

I still laugh at my own farts...

Does that make me crazy ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

MAPearce wrote:

One of the less significant things....There is so
much more.....

It's complicated.....

:130:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

This story reminds me of many more like it!
The University wants to make light of it to protect the 'Universities' reputation.
Its not about the abuse of power or the harassed student(s) or the creepy professor. :-X
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I read the news story. I’m not reading all the pages on this thread.

I saw his picture, he’s a good looking Bloke.

Sounds to me like a few girls really fell for him, got overly involved with him and now want to take out his career.

Maybe this guy should have put the brakes on this right at the start, but they were all adults.

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I want to add, why do they get to come forward anonymously?

His face is in the news. His career is damaged. All for some yet to be proven allegations.

So when this :cuss: is proven false he is still left in the mud and they get to carry on without consequence.

This stuff really :cuss: me off.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Porter has consented to a reprimand with regard to his conduct and must provide letters of apology to the complainants.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216466
Sounds like he has acknowledged something happened that was inappropriate.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

He was probably told by HR or his lawyer that it was the only way to get it over with.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

MAPearce wrote:
but then again, I do have a bad habit of laughing at my own jokes

I still laugh at my own farts...

Lol....nope but you could be my brother. :200:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

featfan wrote:
psychprof wrote:This skeezy perv sexually harassed his students. Was put “on leave” with pay for a year. Now he’s back and has no classes, no students to supervise, no clinical practice. But with full pay. $168,000 in case anyone is wondering. Shame on you UBCO!

There is always two sides to the story, sometimes three.
How about we wait and see the rest.
Can`t help thinking snowflakes.
My opinion only without knowing more.

2 sides to every story ,i agree
but we are not talking about 1 person we are talking about no less than 4, maybe even more

fire his *bleep*, shame on this school, hope these victims sue him and the school
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

put-for-dough wrote:Why are we the taxpayers supporting someone who has crossed all moral bounds and should be charged in court as the average citizen would be. GO TO JAIL DO NOT PASS GO!!!!

ask that question to the useless over educated running the school
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

psychprof wrote:Being in the same profession I do have some insider knowledge. We were all told to keep it hush hush as UBCO was scared of the bad rep. Now that it is finally out there we are allowed to express our dismay. He used his position of power to intimidate his female students into having sex. All of the students in his lab were women of course and the deal was if you slept with him you would get lots of publications which translates into success in academia. One incident in particular stands out. He invited his harem to his house for a party and grabbed a student’s breast - witnessed by several others. At an informal (read secret hush hush) hearing at UBCO he was found to be “too drunk to form intent.” Why aren’t these women pressing charges, you ask? This would be career suicide. Academia is an old boys’ club.

from what i was told this has been going on a few years now, correct me if i am wrong

Return to “Central Okanagan”