Buying used car

Business and professional recommendations.
boxman180
Fledgling

Buying used car

Post by boxman180 »

So can anyone tell me more about the famous $77 sale that is happening on Saturday at one of the car dealerships here in town? You go at 900 am to look at cars and then at 930 go sit in one of the vehicles and they come along and sell it to you.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Buying used car

Post by Jflem1983 »

boxman180 wrote:So can anyone tell me more about the famous $77 sale that is happening on Saturday at one of the car dealerships here in town? You go at 900 am to look at cars and then at 930 go sit in one of the vehicles and they come along and sell it to you.

Not sure. I would reccomend auction world for a cheap used car. Ive done well there over the years. Wish i could say same about dealerships
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

download.jpeg
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My opinion of that dealer from past experience is so low it couldn't get lower!

Don't believe anything they tell you and preferably don't even go there!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Post by kelowna_proud »

If you buy from the Auction just make sure to keep it under $100 LOL after your fees and registration that $100 bid will be $500 in the end.

The auction is where dealers and the public takes cars that they are too scared to sell privately as most have major mechanic problems. Like Transmission and Head-gasket problems.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

boxman180 wrote:So can anyone tell me more about the famous $77 sale that is happening on Saturday at one of the car dealerships here in town? You go at 900 am to look at cars and then at 930 go sit in one of the vehicles and they come along and sell it to you.

Oh great thanks a lot! Was hoping to get that $50,000 Jeep for $77 and now you have gone and told everyone :-X
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

kelowna_proud wrote:If you buy from the Auction just make sure to keep it under $100 LOL after your fees and registration that $100 bid will be $500 in the end.

The auction is where dealers and the public takes cars that they are too scared to sell privately as most have major mechanic problems. Like Transmission and Head-gasket problems.

I dont think u have any idea what u r talking about. Ive had a few trucks from the auction. One is still driveable after 12 years of abuse since i bought it.

For a car i would definately go there as most cars no one bids on. U can do well on a small car there
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Personally I would avoid the Auto Auction. If your looking for a good used vehicle deal with a dealer that offers you a 30 day no hassle exchange policy. :D
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Whyme2 wrote:Personally I would avoid the Auto Auction. If your looking for a good used vehicle deal with a dealer that offers you a 30 day no hassle exchange policy. :D

Nothing wrong with that.

Need to be knowledgeable to do well at the auction. I should have made that clear.

I do like your work around. Let the dealer worry about it. Only thing is u pay a lot more on the dealers lot than u do on auction lot.

As said above its a buyer beware market at the auction and you do need to be smarter than a lug nut to do well there.

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We got a car at auction, and it was a good one. We researched what we wanted, figured out our price point and spent all day there. My husband is knowledgeable about cars, so he was able to examine. The one we ended up buying, the auction guy let me drive from park to the line of cars going in. We ended up with a 2003 Toyota Matrix for $3100 (after fees). Our mechanic said it was a decent car, if rusted underneath (which was never a problem). And then I had an accident - and now have a Mazda 3. Not auction that time, our mechanic told us of a guy who was selling, and he recommended the car.

So that's another option, ask around at mechanics and see who is selling, and ask if they'd recommend it.
I haven't failed until I quit.
boxman180
Fledgling

Post by boxman180 »

Found a car! Private sale- 2011 Kia Soul 64000K, inspection revealed dirty air filter and near dead battery. We got it for 9500 plus 1140 provincial tax.
=10640+250 for all season tires 80-90% tread from a reputable independent tire shop
10890+ $200 battery =11200 all in. My 16 year daughter paid for it all with cash that she has saved up the past 2 years
She absolutely LOVES her new car!!
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

boxman180 wrote:Found a car! Private sale- 2011 Kia Soul 64000K, inspection revealed dirty air filter and near dead battery. We got it for 9500 plus 1140 provincial tax.
=10640+250 for all season tires 80-90% tread from a reputable independent tire shop
10890+ $200 battery =11200 all in. My 16 year daughter paid for it all with cash that she has saved up the past 2 years
She absolutely LOVES her new car!!

Sounds like she did very good congrats! :up: ..You mentioned purchasing all season tires. Are you aware if you travel anywhere in Kelowna on Hwy 97 in the winter you are required to have Winter rated snow tires ❄️
boxman180
Fledgling

Post by boxman180 »

M+S is all you legally need but she will be doing limited highway driving until spring and then buying winters later.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

boxman180 wrote:M+S is all you legally need but she will be doing limited highway driving until spring and then buying winters later.

For argument sake, not every all season tires are rated M+S and not all M+S tires are rated severe winter rated with the mountain ⛰
So yes legally she’s ok but as you pointed out winter tires will be on the way later which is best.

Return to “Referrals”