BC Liberals dogged by past crimes

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Liberals dogged by past crimes

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:You are extreme denial, Urb. I can provide many more links to this scandal if you really want me to. Yap, Kim, Christy, and the others were just lucky that Bonney took the fall for the rest of them.
How about providing proof that the those you accuse of criminal activity were actually involved in criminal activity? No, of course you can't so this is yet another thread that gets derailed because you just make stuff up. As I've said before, when everything is a "crime" then nothing is a "crime." Your strategy is not only dishonest but also counterproductive.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:You are extreme denial, Urb. I can provide many more links to this scandal if you really want me to. Yap, Kim, Christy, and the others were just lucky that Bonney took the fall for the rest of them.
How about providing proof that the those you accuse of criminal activity were actually involved in criminal activity? No, of course you can't so this is yet another thread that gets derailed because you just make stuff up. As I've said before, when everything is a "crime" then nothing is a "crime." Your strategy is not only dishonest but also counterproductive.

On the contrary, it's very productive. Especially if it convinces enough people, including the BC Liberals themselves, that if they ever get another chance to get their grubby little paws on the reins of our government they had better be prepared to be squeaky clean, not dishonest and sleazier than a used car salesman like they were from 2001 to 2017.

British Columbians are watching them.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 17th, 2018, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

You must be talking about your BC Liberal party eh Old Tick.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 17th, 2018, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
madmudder wrote:You must be talking about your BC Liberal party eh Old Tick.

what's wrong with watching both parties? Both are crooked, especially the NDP, who are controlled by evil union puppet-masters. It's time for a third option in this province.

Did we collectively forget at some point that literally all politicians are crooked and corrupt bought out by anyone with a big enough wallet? Every single one of them is an aspiring despot with ambitions of bribery.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 17th, 2018, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 17th, 2018, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... aw-defence

It appears that the BC Liberal Party has very deep pockets.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 19th, 2018, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

If you see any evidence that anyone in the premier's office directed Bonney to break the law please share it with us. I see this:

“Mr. Bonney is the one who said, ‘I wish to plead guilty to this.’ Mr. Bonney is the one who read thousands of his own emails and said, ‘I realize I went astray, I went wrong.’”

It's good that Bonney owned up to his own misdeeds.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

From the link posted:

Numerous senior Liberal government officials, including cabinet ministers and members of former premier Christy Clark’s office, knew about and directed the activities of Brian Bonney in connection with the Quick Wins scandal, but wouldn’t have believed they were encouraging him to break the law, Bonney’s lawyer said Wednesday.

Ian Donaldson, a lawyer for Bonney, said that emails and other documents prove that his client reported to people in the premier’s office, including the deputy chief of staff, to people in the Liberal government caucus and to two ministers.

“All of these different people occupying senior positions in different roles in the government, I say were aware of his activities and indeed encouraged and gave him positive feedback about many of those activities,” Donaldson told Provincial Court Justice David St. Pierre. “They set directions and had expectations of him.”

Under questioning from the judge, Donaldson said that those he was referring to included Kim Haakstad, Clark’s former deputy chief of staff, as well as former cabinet ministers Harry Bloy and John Yap.

".....wouldn’t have believed they were encouraging him to break the law,"...

Suuurrre......
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Premier Clark did the right thing by asking Yap to resign his cabinet post because it was in his ministry where the problem occurred. However, there is no evidence, despite some NDP'ers suggesting otherwise, that Yap or any other elected officials were involved in illegal activity. There is no evidence that they encouraged illegal activity either.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Yap still serves in the Cabinet

He serves on the Cabinet Committee for a Strong Economy, and the Cabinet Committee for Legislative Review. He also serves on the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services, and the Special Committee to Review the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

But of course they "wouldn’t have believed they were encouraging him to break the law,"

But sans his positive feedback from the ministers and the premier's office, he probably would not have considered stepping over the line.

However, Bonney took the fall and the ones who encouraged his efforts are left bright and shiny.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Yap still serves in the Cabinet

He serves on the Cabinet Committee for a Strong Economy, and the Cabinet Committee for Legislative Review. He also serves on the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services, and the Special Committee to Review the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

But of course they "wouldn’t have believed they were encouraging him to break the law,"

But sans his positive feedback from the ministers and the premier's office, he probably would not have considered stepping over the line.

However, Bonney took the fall and the ones who encouraged his efforts are left bright and shiny.
Yap still serves in the cabinet?? Did he jump to the NDP? I asked you for actual evidence to back up your wild claims and you just provide speculation of the worst kind. As I've said on here previously, people seem to be able to get away with saying just about anything about politicians. It doesn't make it right though.

Return to “B.C.”