Pipeline protesters back

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Pipeline protesters back

Post by JagXKR »

This is a media event and the stupid media jump at these idiots. A few people and it makes the news. Like it's a big deal...not. Just more losers looking for their 15 minutes. The one thing the government could do is actually go through with charges and I mean go through all the way. No pleas no deals. It would be great to see these morons lose their ability to move freely in the world due to criminal convictions.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Isn't this just the saddest story you've ever read, boys?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/k ... -1.4492220
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:Isn't this just the saddest story you've ever read, boys?

One of the dumbest ones, that's for sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Cactusflower wrote:

Isn't this just the saddest story you've ever read, boys?

I wonder how these idiot protesters feel about all the extra fossil fuels that are being burnt to get the oil to market the longer and longer they delay the pipeline. They are probably causing more environmental harm than the kine ever will.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Smurf wrote:I wonder how these idiot protesters feel about all the extra fossil fuels that are being burnt to get the oil to market the longer and longer they delay the pipeline. They are probably causing more environmental harm than the kine ever will.

I can tell you how they feel - they don't care. Caring would require the capacity to think and understand consequences of actions. All they are "thinking" right now is - so glad to get that protest cheque for disrupting all of those workers trying to do an honest day's labour to feed their families. Sure beats getting a real job! Thank you Mr. Soros!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Next thing a few will start blocking rail track and highways...
This just seems so stupid that a few can do sh*t like this and theres no penalty/punishment.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

All of those protesters that are either on EI or welfare should have 1 day's pay deducted from their cheques for every day they are not available for work or actively searching for employment.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they sure have no problem filling up there gas tanks to get around
Last edited by the truth on Jan 18th, 2018, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

And I bet they drive around in thier big gas guzzling pickup trucks too. I 'm all for respecting our environment but do these bone heads not realize that we need energy and people need jobs??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you would think so but i guess not,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I remember probably 25 or 30 years ago there were a bunch of "not too smart" protesters trying to blockade a railroad track in the U.S. The rail company was hauling some sort of radioactive cargo and this particular line was no secret to the public. What the morons did was chain themselves to the rail or laid down across the rails and thought the train would stop when it seen them. Guess what.........didn't stop or even slow down..........there were several amputees and the look of shock on the supporters of these idiots was priceless. Common sense for these zealots is mind numbingly absent on so many fronts.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It was actually a train with munitions to be loaded on a ship headed for Central America. Brain Willson lost both legs at Concord Naval Station Sept 1 1987. No sympathy for him back then or now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Willson
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

jayro wrote:And I bet they drive around in thier big gas guzzling pickup trucks too. I 'm all for respecting our environment but do these bone heads not realize that we need energy and people need jobs??

Don't claim to be on the side of the environment when you would likely go to war for a dying industry that is desecrating our environment. The Keystone pipeline just sprung a 220,000 gallon leak in South Dakota only months after the DAPL protest. There are numerous other ways to get energy and employment, the Canadian government got rich on oil and wants to stay rich on oil, thats why they love seeing folks like you defend their industry. The only reason a lot of stuff is petroleum based is because hemp has never been utilized, the only reason hemp has never been utilized in mass production is because petroleum companies for about a century now have lobbied against it with the support of big pharma politicians.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Brass Monkey wrote:The only reason a lot of stuff is petroleum based is because hemp has never been utilized,

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:The only reason a lot of stuff is petroleum based is because hemp has never been utilized,

Then again a man who supports a leader who is not on the side of science cant be expected to align himself with real science, good luck getting your car to run on seawater when reserves dry up in 50 years.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “B.C.”