Pot shop moves to OK Falls

norm35

Pot shop moves to OK Falls

Post by norm35 »

Just curious: Cant fight Penticton City Hall but OK Falls doesn't seem to have any rules or licence requirements. Just don't try to do anything without a building permit. seems he's surveyed the population and were good with it. Anybody out there fill out the survey?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216569
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Pot shop moves to OK Falls

Post by Queen K »

The business owner has seen the way to the future.

Legalization isn't far away at being July 1.

California, Oregon, Washington are all States allowing medicinal MJ shoppes to flourish and like it not they will be here too.

Heck, my own mom has deadened her pain with mj oil, or that black tarry stuff.
My clients? In their 70s to 90s? They aren't learning about it at school, they are learning of it at their day programs, exercise classes, hydro therapy programs, because there is always that "cool kid" who has "used." To kill their pain.

Legend has it (read, a client in her 70s told me) that a man with lung cancer got fed up with the pain and had a few drops of mj oil, and the pain disappeared.

Who can go against that? Lung pain being extreme as it is reputedly is.

You have no idea what you will do reduce or rid yourself of chronic pain, until you have to.

So the man bought the building, set up shop and is in business.
Good for him.
I hope he has good chartered accountants. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I hope he has better lawyers than Chartered Accts because I don't think he is going to make the grade of BC Gov't approved vendors. Once the BCLCB get's distribution, private licenses will be only be in areas that are not serviced by a gov't approved liquor vendor and OK Falls already has 3 of them.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:I hope he has better lawyers than Chartered Accts because I don't think he is going to make the grade of BC Gov't approved vendors. Once the BCLCB get's distribution, private licenses will be only be in areas that are not serviced by a gov't approved liquor vendor and OK Falls already has 3 of them.

I would agree with you completely. This guy thinks that he pulled the wool over the local Government but the joke will be on him once July rolls around and then the RCMP will indeed shut down any un-authorized pot shops.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ask yourself, why is the government competing with private enterprise?

There are private liquor stores now. Wine in supermarkets.

So what makes this different? In the States, it's private enterprise all the way, not government run med. mj shops.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

twobits wrote:I hope he has better lawyers than Chartered Accts because I don't think he is going to make the grade of BC Gov't approved vendors. Once the BCLCB get's distribution, private licenses will be only be in areas that are not serviced by a gov't approved liquor vendor and OK Falls already has 3 of them.

Why not? And why does the govt have to approve vendors anyway? Is that to keep certain gangs in the money? And keep the average person out?

Medical MJ approval process = just another layer in government hands. Let free enterprise work out who's going to work out as a vendor. Just like all businesses.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Queen K wrote:Ask yourself, why is the government competing with private enterprise?

There are private liquor stores now. Wine in supermarkets.

So what makes this different? In the States, it's private enterprise all the way, not government run med. mj shops.

Yes there are private liquor stores, all of which have to buy their inventory from a BC liquor distribution branch. The government gets either the retail sale or the wholesale, its a win win for them.

Seems the Ok Falls community has already put their welcoming touches on his store front today aswell.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Herbal Green Apothecary, a controversial pot shop that moved from Penticton to Okanagan Falls just over a week ago has already been vandalized.

Donna Evans tells Castanet news, "I'm just leaving for work from OK Falls this morning driving to work and I can see that locals have already graffitied the pot shop that just opened."

The store opened on January 11, 2018 on Main Street in Okanagan Falls.

Owner Jukka Laurio, says it was a soft opening and he was hoping for a warmer welcome.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216600
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

From the Castanet story:

The graffiti uses the words “pedo, goof” and other profanities, likely in reference to Laurio’s 1997 sexual assault conviction — for which he served four years in prison — that became public knowledge when he ran for Penticton mayor in 2011.

Why anyone would support a guy like this is beyond me.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “South Okanagan”