West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Post by Bpeep »

Zoso wrote:Good way to get injured by a junkie with nothing to lose . They need to spend money catching them and publicly humiliating them pure and simple.

Junkies don't care if they're publicly humiliated.
Steven Pirko was featured on crime stoppers a number of times and it did nothing to shame him.
If it did, Chris Ausman might still be alive today.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

crabbeapple wrote:please show up to the library on the 31st and tell the city council that you are unhappy with the decision to oppose RCMP funding, and demand they take of safety more seriously.

How will spending more money on policing reduce crime?

People locking their stuff up will reduce crime.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

actually no locking people up for more than a week will reduce crime when people know they will get punished with an extended prison vacation they will think twice about stealing
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

LTD wrote:actually no locking people up for more than a week will reduce crime when people know they will get punished with an extended prison vacation they will think twice about stealing

That isn't true either. I agree we need to be tough on crime but these thieves are feeding their drug habit. You don't think that once they are released they won't go back to stealing to feed their addiction? Unless they are cured from their addiction while incarcerated.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

You can lock your junk up, but that isn't much of a deterrent to a determined thief. They know how to get at your goodies.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

[color=#FF00FF]*removed* [/color]
Last edited by ferri on Jan 20th, 2018, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

*removed*

Lets look at bears. What do they tell us every fall about bears?

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 6.43.45 PM.png

But there is always that neighbour or two that don't follow this and the bears show up.

dabears.jpeg
Attachments
captainobvious.jpg
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Even though I park inside my attached garage, I lock and set the alarm and take my keys inside every night. Paranoid?........Not likely. Cautious?......for sure.
Peace of mind, costs me nothing, but I sleep very well every night......That is priceless.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I leave my vehicle unlocked. I dont leave anything in it. Paid for several windows over the years. Decided long ago was cheaper to let the crooks in.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

alanjh595 wrote:Even though I park inside my attached garage, I lock and set the alarm and take my keys inside every night. Paranoid?........Not likely. Cautious?......for sure.
Peace of mind, costs me nothing, but I sleep very well every night......That is priceless.

Consumerism has it such that people have so much stuff, their garage has no room for the vehicles they were intended.

One genius on the Westside had his garage door opener in his unlocked car. Thief got into his car and then into his garage. DUH.

4796D1EB-47AA-4363-B655-38797A0C82E2.jpeg
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Garage doors are not very secure either.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 20th, 2018, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 20th, 2018, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Jflem1983 wrote:I leave my vehicle unlocked. I dont leave anything in it. Paid for several windows over the years. Decided long ago was cheaper to let the crooks in.

My method with my convertible, better than a slashed roof...again...and again...

Unless it;s raining, the roof stays tucked away also.
(had the roof slashed once even though the doors were unlocked)
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

TreeGuy wrote:
LTD wrote:actually no locking people up for more than a week will reduce crime when people know they will get punished with an extended prison vacation they will think twice about stealing

That isn't true either. I agree we need to be tough on crime but these thieves are feeding their drug habit. You don't think that once they are released they won't go back to stealing to feed their addiction? Unless they are cured from their addiction while incarcerated.

perhaps if one was to have their hand chopped off for stealing things would be different

Return to “Central Okanagan”