Women's marches in Canada today

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Women's marches in Canada today

Post by Queen K »

I came back to add: some women were marching for the missing and murdered women.

In one Christmas season I've never seen not one but two families wiped out by the murderous husband.
One adult and four children.

March!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Verum wrote:Simply more deflection.

Yes. By you.

This thread was started by you whining

once again you stupidly and erroneously accuse me of "whining". It's clear this topic re the mistreatment of women in foreign countries makes you horribly uncomfortable, and that's fine. You've been told what to think, and what to believe on this topic, and foolishly and naively swallowed this "truth" wholesale, so much so you feel the need to engage in tactics of deflection and obfuscation when the topic is discussed. I get it, you feel strongly about staying in a tiny box and being fed a backward narrative, and want to defend such silly and backward opinions. That's your choice.

However, it would sure would be nice if some of these extremely powerful women would do something to help their fellow women in these countries. That being said, they were more than happy to turn a blind eye for so long to their fellow actresses being molested and raped, that it must be really easy to turn a blind eye to women in foreign countries. Until someone makes it "fashionable", or a president they hate compels them to give a :cuss:.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Beautiful weather all over our great country, a perfect day for all Women to March. Get out there now to celebrate the historic milestones and unprecedented economic success and wealth creation that has taken place over the last 12 months. Lowest female unemployment in 18 years!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:I came back to add: some women were marching for the missing and murdered women.

In one Christmas season I've never seen not one but two families wiped out by the murderous husband.
One adult and four children.

March!

Worthy causes to march, indeed.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Verum wrote:Simply more deflection.

Yes. By you.

This thread was started by you whining

once again you stupidly and erroneously accuse me of "whining". It's clear this topic re the mistreatment of women in foreign countries makes you horribly uncomfortable, and that's fine. Of course such mistreatment makes me uncomfortable, it should make any right thinking person uncomfortable. You've been told what to think, and what to believe on this topic other than by you, no, by and large I think what fits with the things I have learned and is logically consistent, and foolishly and naively swallowed this "truth" wholesale, so much so you feel the need to engage in tactics of deflection and obfuscation when the topic is discussed. For someone who neither knows, nor gets me, you seem very sure of things about me, my thought processes, how I have learned, etc. things which are simply just not true I get it, you feel strongly about staying in a tiny box and being fed a backward narrative, and want to defend such silly and backward opinions. that's your opinion, though one I suspect based more on your own preconceptions and ignorance than anything even remotely close to evidence or truth That's your choice.

However, it would sure would be nice if some of these extremely powerful women would do something to help their fellow women in these countries. Why should it be up to women at all? If an issue primarily affects women, that doesn't mean that only women can help. That being said, they were more than happy to turn a blind eye for so long to their fellow actresses being molested and raped, So now you are blaming actresses for actresses being molested and raped? Do you not know how screwed up that is that you would blame the victims? that it must be really easy to turn a blind eye to women in foreign countries. Until someone makes it "fashionable", or a president they hate compels them to give a :cuss:. If you feel so strongly about this, so strongly that someone should protest this, why are you expecting others to do so and why aren't you out there protesting on behalf of these women in other countries who suffer even worse than women in Canada?

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Beautiful weather all over our great country, a perfect day for all Women to March. Get out there now to celebrate the historic milestones and unprecedented economic success and wealth creation that has taken place over the last 12 months. Lowest female unemployment in 18 years!
Why am I not surprised that Trump pretends these protests are not protests but rather celebrations. He is either completely out of touch with the people, or intentionally misrepresenting the protesters and ignoring their voices and opinions. Either way, he and his response are proof, if such was needed, that these kinds of protest are at least somewhat justified.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Apparently the March isn’t for women either, because if you’re a pro-life woman who wants to march with your own sign, you’ll be cast out of the group. I think it is likely to be more of a Liberal March. Of course, you have the usual mix of ‘eradicate men’ signs, and other garbage too. Certain groups of women though were not allowed. Arranged by the much loved liberal and Muslim brotherhood supporter, Linda Sarsour, who says sharia is good for us all.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Pro-life is a misnomer. There is no such thing. Those who claim to be pro-life are really “pre-life”. They care only about unborn fetuses, and nothing about actual children. They don’t won’t adopt unwanted children. They’re the first to demand death sentences for criminals, or war against other nations resulting in the deaths of innocent civilians and families, they care nothing about the lives and wellbeing of others. They care ONLY about unborn fetuses and punishing women for having sex for pleasure.

So yes, they deserve no place in the women’s rallies. They can continue holding their own intolerant hate rallies in front of hospitals and schools.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Do you think you could squeeze a few more gross generalizations in there Omni? [icon_lol2.gif]
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

If you are pro-life you are not, and cannot be, pro-women.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

JLives wrote:If you are pro-life you are not, and cannot be, pro-women.

Oh, sure, help him out. [icon_lol2.gif]
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JLives wrote:If you are pro-life you are not, and cannot be, pro-women.

Utter nonsense.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Our PM needs to get his head out of his feminist *bleep*.

jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Well the upside is that if they aren't working , all these marchings got to be doing wonders for their fitness.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

“Pre-lifers”

Good on Trudeau for scorning them.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”