Mathematics of flu shot ineffectiveness - the shocking truth

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Mathematics of flu shot ineffectiveness - the shocking truth

Post by Thinktank »

This thread is not about how wonderful vaccines are and it's not about how dangerous flu shots are.

This thread is about how doctors and drug companies use misleading "numbers" to trick 11.6 million gullible, mathematically challenged, simpletons to get ineffective flu shots.

In my lifetime no one I know has died from the flu. Zero. None.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/01/10/C ... Flu-Shots/

The numbers
11.6 million Canadians get flu shots each year. - 30% of Canadians
Number of people who die each year from flu - 300

So 11.6 million sheeple get flu shots, to save 300 lives. That's 38,000 people, an entire city the size of Penticton,with everyone getting the flu shot to save just one life. That's bad mathematics. That makes no sense because the drug companies will tell you themselves, there is zero herd immunity when only 30% of people get a flu shot. It's all a big scam.

A Government of Canada website titled “Know The Flu Facts” says “In Canada, an average of 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths (<--- lie) related to the flu occur each year.” Why do they lie? Anyone know?
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... uenza.html
^^^^^ they lie.

That diagram was produced by scientists. Scientists, if they aren't employed by big drug companies, usually know more stuff about things than the average person. And they're saying we have zero herd immunity with flu shots in Canada. That means flu shots are useless. 11.6 million Canadians - tricked by misleading numbers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/upsh ... -that.html
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/flu-has-c ... -1.3766999
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Mathematics of flu shot ineffectiveness - the shocking t

Post by the truth »

simple to see, not sure why sooooooooo many people do not :135: are govt and big pharma would never lie to us [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:
The numbers
11.6 million Canadians get flu shots each year. - 30% of Canadians
Number of people who die each year from flu - 300

So 11.6 million sheeple get flu shots, to save 300 lives. That's 38,000 people, an entire city the size of Penticton,with everyone getting the flu shot to save just one life. That's bad mathematics. That makes no sense because the drug companies will tell you themselves, there is zero herd immunity when only 30% of people get a flu shot.

You didn’t seriously read those numbers and come up with that conclusion, did you?
And then use the word "mathematics" in the thread title? Seriously?
OMG. [icon_lol2.gif]
You and 71 others Like this post
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:In my lifetime no one I know has died from the flu.

I have - and it was very tragic. In one of your links:
Those at high risk should be getting flu shots.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I don't believe there is enough evidence to support everyone being pressured into getting the flu shot the way our public health agencies currently do. For years I've resisted and, interestingly enough, can't remember the last time I caught the flu.

This year my son and his wife had a baby, and they informed me that if my hubby and I didn't get our shot we wouldn't be allowed to see him. So we both dutifully trotted off and got our shots last Nov. And guess what, right now we both have the flu.

The shot certainly didn't prevent our catching it.

To add insult to injury, when the baby was born 2 months later and we were visiting him in the hospital, our son admitted that he never got the shot himself. He said he intended to, but then changed his mind. LOL

Bottom line, my hubby and I will never get another flu shot as long as we live.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Instead of going through this again - refer to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=53198&p=2295639#p2295639

Already being discussed.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Thinktank wrote:This thread is not about how wonderful vaccines are and it's not about how dangerous flu shots are.

This thread is about how doctors and drug companies use misleading "numbers" to trick 11.6 million gullible, mathematically challenged, simpletons to get ineffective flu shots.

In my lifetime no one I know has died from the flu. Zero. None. You are lucky. Even still, death is not the only possible negative outcome from getting the flu. Ignoring the many lost work hours, we also have the many who end up hospitalised and few with long term but life changing outcomes, such as pregnancy loss.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/01/10/C ... Flu-Shots/

The numbers
11.6 million Canadians get flu shots each year. - 30% of Canadians Yes, we need this to be higher
Number of people who die each year from flu - 300 That's about 1/7th of the deaths on the road and most people do a hell of a lot more to keep themselves safe on the road than just getting a simple shot.

So 11.6 million sheeple get flu shots, to save 300 lives. No, that's not how it works at all. 11.6 million, mostly of the highest risk, get flu shots to keep that number down to 300 per year, because without flu shots, those at high risk would be dying at a far greater rate. That's 38,000 people, an entire city the size of Penticton,with everyone getting the flu shot to save just one life. That's bad mathematics. I think you need to go back to school and learn about mathematics and statistics. That makes no sense because the drug companies will tell you themselves, there is zero herd immunity when only 30% of people get a flu shot. It's all a big scam. Yes, herd immunity is fairly weak for flu in the general population, but in high density groups of high risk patients, such as maternity wards, or retirement homes, the herd immunity is quite strong.

A Government of Canada website titled “Know The Flu Facts” says “In Canada, an average of 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths (<--- lie) related to the flu occur each year.” Why do they lie? Anyone know?
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... uenza.html
^^^^^ they lie.

That diagram was produced by scientists. Scientists, if they aren't employed by big drug companies, usually know more stuff about things than the average person. And they're saying we have zero herd immunity with flu shots in Canada. That means flu shots are useless. 11.6 million Canadians - tricked by misleading numbers.
Again, look at the populations of high risk people, look at their rates of flu shots and try to model that. It's not simple and it involves assuming different levels of connectivity among peoples, which really makes it hard to model.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/upsh ... -that.html
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/flu-has-c ... -1.3766999

Facts:
1. Death is not the only negative side effect of the flu, not even the only long term side effect.
2. Widely available herd immunity models are often simplified to only model general populations and not deal with semi-isolated high risk populations. Those populations would be further protected is we all were immunized.
3. Flu vaccines can also be useful to slow and prevent a massive pandemic, such as the 1918 pandemic which killed between 50 and 100 million (3% to 5% of the World's population).

We shouldn't call those against mass vaccination anti-vaxxers, we should call them pro-disease.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Verum wrote:Flu vaccines can also be useful to slow and prevent a massive pandemic, such as the 1918...

^^^ [icon_lol2.gif] yeah. so anyway

First they use scare tactics and say we can die from the flu. They say thousands do die from the flu. That's a lie. A complete lie. It's only 300, and most of those were going to die anyway.

Then they use the guilt trip tactics, saying healthy people should get flu shots for the benefit of weaker family members which is another lie because there's no herd immunity going on. the best thing you can for weaker family members is buy nutritious food for them.

Finally, they admit that flu shots don't stop the flu, but actually produce a milder weirder version.

The government is managing the herd. The flu shots make people sick with a more weird watered down version of the flu.

Everyone I've ever talked to said they got the flu after getting the shots.

So now, instead of 1,000 people rushing to Penticton hospital once every ten years all in one week in January, our health authorities hope to make 30,000 people sick with a weirder milder 'year round' version of the flu that tends to stick around for months and months. I see people with mild flu like symptoms year round, now.

this new vaccine produced version of the flu is not bad enough to send people to the hospital, but bad enough- long term - to contribute to $hundreds of billions in extra health care costs. Everyone I've ever spoken to said the flu shot gave them the flu. Our government is managing the herd for their own interests.

now you know the rest of the story.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Thinktank wrote:
Verum wrote:Flu vaccines can also be useful to slow and prevent a massive pandemic, such as the 1918...

^^^ [icon_lol2.gif] yeah. so anyway Laughing at it doesn't make it wrong

First they use scare tactics and say we can die from the flu. They say thousands do die from the flu. That's a lie. A complete lie. It's only 300, and most of those were going to die anyway. Wel,, yes they were going to die, eventually, like the rest of us. I don't know the real number, but if the most high risk didn't get vaccinated, I have no doubt that the numbers would be much higher. I note that in no way do you refute anything I said about high risk groups and localised herd immunity.

Then they use the guilt trip tactics, saying healthy people should get flu shots for the benefit of weaker family members which is another lie because there's no herd immunity going on. the best thing you can for weaker family members is buy nutritious food for them. It depends on their level of risk and level of interaction with the outside world. If they have little contact with the outside world beyond you, then yes, you do create a localised herd immunity and protect weaker family members. Even if you are only 50% of their human contact, you still improve their chances.

Finally, they admit that flu shots don't stop the flu, but actually produce a milder weirder version. Nope. That's not how it works. They give you something which looks somewhat like the flu, enough like it that it tricks your body into fighting it and being ready to fight the real thing, but what they give you is killed off quickly and with little side effects. Most of the effects are psychosomatic.

The government is managing the herd. The flu shots make people sick with a more weird watered down version of the flu. Cool conspiracy theory you have there, how about dealing with that in the conspiracy theory section and keep this for ones about real health and not just delusions.

Everyone I've ever talked to said they got the flu after getting the shots. I didn't. Nor did anyone else I talked to about it. You must be hanging around some people who have massive psychosomatic suggestibility.

So now, instead of 1,000 people rushing to Penticton hospital once every ten years all in one week in January, our health authorities hope to make 30,000 people sick with a weirder milder 'year round' version of the flu that tends to stick around for months and months. I see people with mild flu like symptoms year round, now.

this new vaccine produced version of the flu is not bad enough to send people to the hospital, but bad enough- long term - to contribute to $hundreds of billions in extra health care costs. Everyone I've ever spoken to said the flu shot gave them the flu. Our government is managing the herd for their own interests.

now you know the rest of the story.

At this point this thread has no place outside of the conspiracy theory section and should be moved.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Thinktank wrote:
In my lifetime no one I know has died from the flu. Zero. None.

82 people have died so far in Canada this flu season (which is certainly not over).
Do you think they cared that you did not know them?

82, eighty two.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Jan 20th, 2018, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:That diagram was produced by scientists.
Don't think so:
The project was simulated data, not real, to demonstrate the concept of herd immunity.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-vacci ... -1.2912790 more reasons the flu shot is a bad idea
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I always wondered about the exact number of BC nurses who get a flu shot. Would it be less than 50%?
Maybe someone here knows the exact number.

Another mathematics question I have about flu shots is this:

It takes six months to make a flu shot. they know which flu shot to make, by finding out which flu
is going around in Southeast Asia six months earlier. But that means no one in Southeast Asia
can get flu shots because they have nowhere to go six months earlier to find flu that is circulating.
So 3 billion people in Asia can't get flu shots. Wow.

Either that, or they get the flu that we had six months earlier, here in North America.

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

From the link posted above.

CBC News Posted: Jan 16, 2015 2:46 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 18, 2015 5:35 PM ET
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”