Anti-Trump March today....

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Anti-Trump March today....

Post by the truth »

exactly
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

TreeGuy wrote:

I am not sure I should help you to understand because I am not so sure that you even want to.

In the poorly photoshopped picture below how do you think the #metoo movement would have reacted with this scenario?

Would everyone just have laughed it off? Or would Jerry be labelled a mysogynist and everyone would have felt bad for his dedicated and beautiful wife?

Do you not watch late night talk shows ? Listen to comics ? You'll see a whole lot worse, guaranteed.

There is a huge...huge difference between harmless joking - in this case - between two friends...and sexual harassment and assault.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

TreeGuy wrote:I am not sure I should help you to understand because I am not so sure that you even want to.

In the poorly photoshopped picture below how do you think the #metoo movement would have reacted with this scenario?

Would everyone just have laughed it off? Or would Jerry be labelled a mysogynist and everyone would have felt bad for his dedicated and beautiful wife?

I'm not quite sure if people are deliberately trying to cause a fuss at this point or not.

If you want to make some sort of comparison you'd have to find 2 people who are friends with one wishing the other a happy birthday. Inserting Jerry Seinfeld's face into the picture - who as far as i know isn't a friend of Katy's - and purposely leaving out the birthday message is just stupid and feels like a deliberate attempt to move goalposts.

Is Katy Pary herself actually outraged about the birthday greeting and feels she's been sexually harassed? I've heard nothing at all from her but a lot of people want to try to tell her how to feel about a birthday greeting from a friend.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

dle wrote:Those of you posting so far are would appear to be men. If you have mothers, grand-mothers, sisters, wives, aunts, daughters, neices, grand-daughters etc - then shame on you. I bet (at least I would hope, but perhaps not), you'd be singing a different tune if Trump, or any other man (let's not make it political) groped or assaulted your female family members.
I beg your pardon. Shame on us? You don't even know Donald Trump personally ?doubt it. and all you know about him is what you've read in the paper so before you go wave around your stick of righteousness give yourself a little tap on the head first
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Read in a paper? No, people have seen videos of him bragging about sexual assault on women. Objectification. First hand reports and coroborated stories from women who have been violated by him. Legal statements from his ex wife who was raped by him.

People can either stand up against this sort of actions, or they can make excuses and try to justify it and ignore it. I guess you fall into that second camp.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Farmmaa wrote:
TreeGuy wrote:

I am not sure I should help you to understand because I am not so sure that you even want to.

Do you not watch late night talk shows ? Listen to comics ? You'll see a whole lot worse, guaranteed.

There is a huge...huge difference between harmless joking - in this case - between two friends...and sexual harassment and assault.

They don’t, because late night talk shows make fun of Donald Trump. You can tell how offended they get about it by the memes they post “The Hate Show with Stephen Colbert”,
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
mnprochnau
Banned

Post by mnprochnau »

Whoa no. America is an insidious and pervasive culture. Best distance ourselves from them post haste
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

You know whats funny is that everytime I see some "flavour of the day" march about something...I always think of this

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I saw this in my Facebook feed.

*language warning*

Thought I’d share this little bit of nasty.

:runforlife:

717487E0-05C4-41C3-BC32-8F9C7668471D.jpeg
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Like 10 people that show up saying they dont like Trump...1st of all we are not American....and well...thats about it..nothing anybody can do about it!

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

TreeGuy wrote:I saw this in my Facebook feed.

Thought I’d share this little bit of nasty.

:runforlife:

717487E0-05C4-41C3-BC32-8F9C7668471D.jpeg

I'll bet she's not lying about that! I'll take her word for it thanks.
Last edited by Jx3 on Jan 24th, 2018, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

:200: :runforlife:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Stay on topic please!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

dle wrote:Those of you posting so far are would appear to be men. If you have mothers, grand-mothers, sisters, wives, aunts, daughters, neices, grand-daughters etc - then shame on you. I bet (at least I would hope, but perhaps not), you'd be singing a different tune if Trump, or any other man (let's not make it political) groped or assaulted your female family members.

Just so you know overall 52% of american women voted for Trump, 61% of Caucasian women without a University degree also voted for Trump. Look I've heard all the tapes of him doing his "locker talk" and i agree that the US president should be held to a higher level of standards than regular citizens just like the RCMP and our own politicians. HOWEVER! Trump won the election because Hilary was the worst candidate ever, not because the american people thought he would be a great fit. They chose the lessor of two evils JUST LIKE WE DID HERE WITH TRUDEAU.

Trump is not a racist, bigot, homophobic etc, hes just a huge idiot that says whatever he feels like and throws threats around like a snowball fight (just like the average american) We are stuck being his north neighbor and there is no amount of "Protesting" that is going to change this. Worry about our own countries political issues and how we need to vote Trudeau out of power before he totally ruins Canada. This is coming from someone whom voted for Trudeau, I've learned my lesson and hopefully you have as well.

#BenShapiroforpresident
#JordanPetersonforprimeminister
Last edited by Nedroj on Jan 26th, 2018, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

^^^ 10/10 ^^^

:130:

Return to “Central Okanagan”