BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gordon_as wrote:

It took you fools 3 page of protesting , and 24 hours , to clue in that we don't elect premiers in BC.

The people who are "clued out" here are the NDP supporters, whose party didn't win the election. And if they don't clue in quick, they are going to watch the next BC Liberal leader become the next premier of BC, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Actually , you never did catch on until Verum tiped you off. Like I said , "slow". .

No one "tiped" (sic) me off, whatever that means. Slow doesn't even describe NDP supporters. House-plants are smarter.

That's OK though , you are Liberals , so it's expected.

I don't know what this means, but no, I am not "Liberals". I just find the NDP repulsive, corrupt, stupid and disgusting, and wish that we had another option in this province to vote for.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:That's pretty weak techie , even for you.

LOL - pot meet kettle.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Just two months to go before we know who the next Premier of BC will be. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Old Techie wrote:Just two months to go before we know who the next Premier of BC will be. :biggrin:

Yes happy 2018 to everyone. Let Hulk Horgan's reign be a short one, and hopefully not too hard to right the ship after the NDP are once again kicked out on their butts. Just think how hard it was last time in 2001 - eight years of sheer economic destruction by the NDP had to be turned around. Gordon Campbell just does not get enough credit for all that he did to save BC.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/w ... rship-race

Oops.......I linked this news story to the wrong topic. Anyway, it's still relevant when considering the two-faced, sleazy way the party operates.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/wilkinson-and-de-jong-strike-deal-to-support-each-other-in-liberal-leadership-race

Oops.......I linked this news story to the wrong topic. Anyway, it's still relevant when considering the two-faced, sleazy way the party operates.
It looks to have been a good race thus far. No idea who will win but I'm sure that the party will rally around whomever is chosen.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Watching the Liberal leadership 'race' is about as interesting as watching paint dry on a wet weekend. Who has addressed the issue of money laundering, the housing situation, the ICBC and BC Hydro rate issue? What about the opioid crisis and health/education care funding?

The only issue seems to be opposing PR which they feel would leave them in the political wilderness forever (seems like a good reason to vote for PR!!)
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Watching the Liberal leadership 'race' is about as interesting as watching paint dry on a wet weekend. Who has addressed the issue of money laundering, the housing situation, the ICBC and BC Hydro rate issue? What about the opioid crisis and health/education care funding?

The only issue seems to be opposing PR which they feel would leave them in the political wilderness forever (seems like a good reason to vote for PR!!)

Some people, e.g. NDP'ers, hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. Confirmation bias . . .
In all your years on here you've not once said anything positive about the BC Liberals so why would you start now? Anyway, I believe the new leader will unite the party and the BC Liberal Party will be in good shape come the next election. ETA: A quick Google search provided many examples of the candidates discussing the very topics that you claim they haven't touched. You are so completely wrong.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Cactusflower wrote:http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/wilkinson-and-de-jong-strike-deal-to-support-each-other-in-liberal-leadership-race

@Urbane:
Here's my apology for posting this link to the wrong topic. Can we please move on? And may I remind you that not everyone who thinks the BC Liberals are sleazy, inept, and corrupt are NDP supporters?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:@Urbane:
    Here's my apology for posting this link to the wrong topic. Can we please move on? And may I remind you that not everyone who thinks the BC Liberals are sleazy, inept, and corrupt are NDP supporters?
True, and I'll remind you that some of us are able to get beyond the tunnel vision and see the sleaziness in all three of our provincial parties. It'll be up to the new Liberal leader to set an example for his or her party and for the Liberal party itself to set an example for the other parties.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 22nd, 2018, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Funny how some people only see the need for the BC Liberals to change their spots. They literally can't come up with one criticism for their own party, the NDP, and literally can't find one thing right about the BC Liberals. Those people will always vote NDP but the BC Liberals win elections, including the most recent election, by appealing to those in the middle of the political spectrum. The new leader must continue that tradition.
John Crawford
Fledgling

Post by John Crawford »

well Ladies, Gentlemen and those of undefined gender.
I came over to this forum, to see who may or may not be voting for whoever, in the up coming party leadership race, and all I read is squabbling among children with no constructive criticism of any of the candidates. would appreciate some constructive advice on the candidates, not the difference between to two (three) parties.
Receiving lots of emails from the candidates, all with; Look at me, Look at me speal, along with politician speak, and political promises. and we all are aware of political promises, whether its from a politician, or a political party of any persuasion.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

John Crawford wrote:well Ladies, Gentlemen and those of undefined gender.
    I came over to this forum, to see who may or may not be voting for whoever, in the up coming party leadership race, and all I read is squabbling among children with no constructive criticism of any of the candidates. would appreciate some constructive advice on the candidates, not the difference between to two (three) parties.
    Receiving lots of emails from the candidates, all with; Look at me, Look at me speal, along with politician speak, and political promises. and we all are aware of political promises, whether its from a politician, or a political party of any persuasion.
Good on you for getting us back on topic. I'm not a big fan of Martyn Brown but he has an interesting analysis here of who should win the leadership:

https://www.straight.com/news/1011196/m ... should-win

For those who don't want to read the article I'll tell you that he has some good reasons for picking Todd Stone as the best choice for the Liberals.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

I like Brown's analysis of Todd Stone. I to believe he has the broader appeal and the ability to re-ignite the Liberal party.

I also believe Todd Stone is the winnable candidate for the next election.

Return to “B.C.”