Recovery Center opening

twobits
Guru

Recovery Center opening

Post by twobits »

https://healingriver.ca/

I am not sure what to make of this winery/recovery center for addictions. On the one hand, treatment is much needed for the addicted. On the other hand, this looks to be a four bedroom five star resort with five star meals provided given the news article information. Is this a high end rehab center? Dunno. But if Dixon Terbasket has also been hired as a Syilx cultural co-ordinator and consultant I wonder if it is geared to FN's?? Dunno.
I'd like some more info on this place with regards to funding of a five star rehab facility. And is it just me or does combination winery /rehab facility for addictions seem like a contradiction in business plan? Then again.....who knows what Government's in search of votes are willing to finance.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
pentona
Übergod

Re: Recovery Center opening

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:https://healingriver.ca/

I am not sure what to make of this winery/recovery center for addictions. On the one hand, treatment is much needed for the addicted. On the other hand, this looks to be a four bedroom five star resort with five star meals provided given the news article information. Is this a high end rehab center? Dunno. But if Dixon Terbasket has also been hired as a Syilx cultural co-ordinator and consultant I wonder if it is geared to FN's?? Dunno.
I'd like some more info on this place with regards to funding of a five star rehab facility. And is it just me or does combination winery /rehab facility for addictions seem like a contradiction in business plan? Then again.....who knows what Government's in search of votes are willing to finance.

I couldn't find anything on the site to say it was Government sponsored. Looks more like a posh 5 star recovery place where if you want that kind of service, you will pay through the nose for it. Private? Not sure.

If it is Government sponsored and publicly funded, its too posh. Nowhere on the site does it mention the cost. I would much rather see public funds on treatment centres (not fancy ones though) rather than promoting safe injection sites, which just keeps the addictions ongoing.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

If someone wants to build and fund a high end treatment center, good on them. I am sure there are lots of "executive types" who can well afford a facility like this, and don't want to be in the public spotlight.

Do we need more Government funded treatment centers? You bet, but they will be built slowly and painfully, the same as anything else to do with the Government - no slam against any party, that's just the way it is. This facility will cater to people who can afford it, and that's fine.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Tony wrote:If someone wants to build and fund a high end treatment center, good on them. I am sure there are lots of "executive types" who can well afford a facility like this, and don't want to be in the public spotlight.

Do we need more Government funded treatment centers? You bet, but they will be built slowly and painfully, the same as anything else to do with the Government - no slam against any party, that's just the way it is. This facility will cater to people who can afford it, and that's fine.

Don't have any problem with the rich and famous getting rehab either. It was the Syilx cultural co-ordinator and consultant position that made me curious as to funding and who the intended clients would be at this five star six bed rehab facility. That's all.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Is there a different article that I missed? Where does the "winery" part of this rehab center come from? I looked through their website and yes it does look like a nice high end facility, I couldn't see anything about winery, vineyard, grapes, nothing? Just wondering if I missed an article about it?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jhunter199 wrote:Is there a different article that I missed? Where does the "winery" part of this rehab center come from? I looked through their website and yes it does look like a nice high end facility, I couldn't see anything about winery, vineyard, grapes, nothing? Just wondering if I missed an article about it?

This should answer your question:
Hol is also a grape grower, and will continue to operate his vineyard business separately from the recovery centre.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... 57-21-.htm
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Hummmm ...no phone number? No email address? No contact information? No pricing? Something doesn't jive with facility. Time will tell.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Phone number is on the main page - top right corner.
Healing Centre Phone.png

Contact info is at the bottom - scroll down.
Healing Centre Contact.png
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Yup .. Missed the phone number. Email? I saw that but an actual email would be nice. Contact person? There are other red flags that I will leave alone for now. Hopefully this organization is legit and those who are really in need of these services are helped.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's wrong with sending an email and directing it to a particular person? - the staff are listed.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “South Okanagan”