Target is functional zero

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Target is functional zero

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216948 i am sure she means well ,but here we go again , her words - more consultations will be held--, same old crap in this town another consultation how many is that now and nothing ever gets done
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Target is functional zero

Post by lightspeed »

Thinks the public purse should just keep on funding the endless abyss of costs for those that keep slipping off the straight and narrow even when given a multitude of chances for help.

Another airhead daydreaming enabler.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

She left the last " 10 year project". All the consulting nothing ever seems to change.
Functional Zero. slight eye roll
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Consultants shouldn't be asked to provide their baseline and objectives, council and city employees should set those before hiring consultants. Its like asking a pyromaniac how to build a house.
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

"" Dr. Alina Turner, hired to support the work of the city's Journey Home Task Force""

I can't believe we had to pay her to tell us that. How much did that info cost us. I can see a tax increase coming. A ten year old knows that there will never be a functioning zero homelessness.. Prob paid her 75,000 for her to come up with that. That would have provided food for the whole year for 100 homeless.. :200:
I could puke right now...
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 23rd, 2018, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Sure, all it takes is a bottomless well full of money. The more you pump into it, the more people will come forward to take advantage of it. Some people will never hold down jobs or get off drugs. Once you get one off the street or they OD, there'll be someone else stepping up to take their place. With a free place to live, food, and a steady supply of free drugs, of course some people are going to turn drug use into a profession.
KK69

Post by KK69 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 23rd, 2018, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Her solution will be to buy up old hotels and motels in the Kelowna area to house the homeless.... :D

They could hire me for free and save her 6 figure salary! LOL :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

Best part of the presentation to council yesterday was when Councillor Hodge told Alina she was a very smooth talker and should "run for council". Then she laughed almost to say 'I'll keep my 250K/year day job thanks" :up:
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

averagejoe wrote:Her solution will be to buy up old hotels and motels in the Kelowna area to house the homeless.... :D

They could hire me for free and save her 6 figure salary! LOL :smt045

as long as its not in the mission, maybe rutland, o wait too late
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

More than a decade ago when Shepherd was mayor, she and other experts from at least 5 agencies, put together a 4 pillar plan to reduce or illuminate homeless issues in Kelowna. The plan was put in place and began with simple aspects like removing all the large garbage bins from downtown Kelowna (many were being rummaged daily and used as housing). In case anyone reading this is wondering where they went. Other programs were put in place, street level workers etc. and some progress was made and beginning to have a real positive effect. Then the election of 2011 when Wally won by a cheater’s whisker and one of the first things he did was dissolve the whole team, programs and do away with these initiatives, and for no apparent good reason other than they were someone else’s ideas. Now wonder boy Basran took over his reign and don’t think for a minute that pompous airhead cares. If the programs established over a decade ago, continued to be supported and promoted by succeeding civil governments, the issue of homelessness would not have return to the nightmare status it now enjoys.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

These measures to get people off the street will need to include increased funding for mental health and drug rehab.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Yet again, another colossal waste of monies that would have been spent just as well
pouring booze down the gullets of street people and pizzed up against a wall.

At least more people would have had a share of the coin.
Now, one solitary person takes it back from whence she came by saying
what everyone already knew.

Nice scam !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

dirtybiker wrote:Yet again, another colossal waste of monies that would have been spent just as well
pouring booze down the gullets of street people and pizzed up against a wall.

At least more people would have had a share of the coin.
Now, one solitary person takes it back from whence she came by saying
what everyone already knew.

Nice scam !

The lack of empathy in many of the comments on this subject is disturbing and is a bigger part of the problem than most narrow minded folks could ever admit to. What that means is, they are part of the problem. Quit being part of the problem.

Return to “Central Okanagan”