Kelowna Bicycle Rental Program

featfan
Guru

Re: Kelowna Bicycle Rental Program

Post by featfan »

Hopefully when the helmet is available it is very low priced.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

featfan wrote:Hopefully when the helmet is available it is very low priced.

Just cut those Christmas Decoration Balls in half...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
hombre27

Post by hombre27 »

http://gridbikes.com - maybe someone has visited Arizona!
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Or I could release the Saskatchewan roots and wear half a watermelon.
spooker

Post by spooker »

If you're head is something you don't value enough to protect then yes, the "value priced" option is the way to go ...
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Would a company that is renting equipment, not have to at least "offer" a helmet with the bikes? (no idea how that would be done). After all, it is the law in B.C.; would be the same as renting a bike at night and not providing a light, in my opinion.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

It’ll be a learning curb for the junkies to stop being attracted to these bikes just sitting around. Ooh a new toy to steal and pawn or just vandalize. Other then that, it’s a great idea and eventually those junkies will lose interest in them as they must have in larger centres where these programs are in place already. But in Kelowna, everything needs to be locked down and watched. So many druggies.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Hmmm wrote:It’ll be a learning curb for the junkies to stop being attracted to these bikes just sitting around. Ooh a new toy to steal and pawn or just vandalize. Other then that, it’s a great idea and eventually those junkies will lose interest in them as they must have in larger centres where these programs are in place already. But in Kelowna, everything needs to be locked down and watched. So many druggies.

Because druggies are the only criminals right?
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

At the end of the day this is a private entity putting up their money to start a new service in Kelowna. They take on all of the risk and have to manage their brand, equipment, insurance, etc accordingly.

Good luck to the new business enterprise, I hope you succeed and bring a new service to town. I am sure you have done your due diligence and have check's and stops in place for many of the questions we are asking.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

spooker

If you're head is something you don't value enough to protect then yes, the "value priced" option is the way to go .

Did you maybe miss this part?

"I was lucky enough to be studying at Royal College of Art and the Imperial College of London for a semester, and was granted access to Imperial’s crash lab. They had a European standard helmet crash setup that allowed me to gather enough data on Ecohelmet’s proprietary honeycomb configuration to know it was viable and worth developing." -
spooker

Post by spooker »

For those worried about the abuse and theft ... these bikes have a special frame lock that goes through the back wheel, tough to even get at with a portable grinder ... and while you might be able to just pick it up and carry it off (they're on the heavy side though, not like a high-end mountain or road bike) they all have GPS transponders so it would almost be a bait-bike program if the bike gets taken away ...
spooker

Post by spooker »

featfan wrote:spooker

If you're head is something you don't value enough to protect then yes, the "value priced" option is the way to go .

Did you maybe miss this part?

"I was lucky enough to be studying at Royal College of Art and the Imperial College of London for a semester, and was granted access to Imperial’s crash lab. They had a European standard helmet crash setup that allowed me to gather enough data on Ecohelmet’s proprietary honeycomb configuration to know it was viable and worth developing." -

No, I didn't miss that ... I just think that trying to save a buck on a helmet is sort of backwards ... you're protecting one of the most valuable parts of your body ... why would you want start out by going discount?
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Many, many years ago leaving Steamers pub ( now O`flannigans ) after a day of watching the ballet.
I wiped out on my bike on a rainy day and slid head first into the fountain by the bus loop.
Had a big crack in my helmet.
I actually was thinking of going to the police station to see if they would let me see the surveillance footage.
I would have spent the night in the old crowbar hotel.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

featfan wrote:Many, many years ago leaving Steamers pub ( now O`flannigans ) after a day of watching the ballet.
I wiped out on my bike on a rainy day and slid head first into the fountain by the bus loop.
Had a big crack in my helmet.
I actually was thinking of going to the police station to see if they would let me see the surveillance footage.
I would have spent the night in the old crowbar hotel.

Hell I have done that , afew times, with no helmet, didnt make me weerd..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Return to “Central Okanagan”