Aqua Height Okay

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Re: Aqua Height Okay

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

I've had houses in Kettle Valley, and Wilden. I will tell you living in a condo feels more "neighborhood like" than it does living in the areas I have been in, I've lived in condo's in the lower mainland, I mostly knew everybody who lived above and below me, friendly atmosphere, live in Wilden or Kettle Valley most of the time the people don't take the time to say "good morning" or even a simple "hello". I will be purchasing at Ellis Parc once its all said and done. :up: Kelowna is a small area, the only way to "fill" is to build high rises, we do not have the land for houses unless you take out all the farms and orchards in the area. I am all for any high rise proposal that comes to mind in Kelowna, just please do not build another Wilden or Kettle Valley, Highpointe Kelowna is not bad, great people in the area.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:I've had houses in Kettle Valley, and Wilden. I will tell you living in a condo feels more "neighborhood like" than it does living in the areas I have been in, I've lived in condo's in the lower mainland, I mostly knew everybody who lived above and below me, friendly atmosphere, live in Wilden or Kettle Valley most of the time the people don't take the time to say "good morning" or even a simple "hello". I will be purchasing at Ellis Parc once its all said and done. :up: Kelowna is a small area, the only way to "fill" is to build high rises, we do not have the land for houses unless you take out all the farms and orchards in the area. I am all for any high rise proposal that comes to mind in Kelowna, just please do not build another Wilden or Kettle Valley, Highpointe Kelowna is not bad, great people in the area.

This is exactly what I was talking about. You make it sound like the choices are single family homes or high rise apartments and there are no alternatives in between, therefore we need to have high rise apartments. If that were true I would agree with you, but it isn't. I think we can develop smarter and better than just stupidly saying yes to every tall building for aspirational reasons.
Tfishwood

Post by Tfishwood »

And the new traffic will use Lakeshore ? And back up traffic at the rotary circle at Lexington / Bluebird ? Park for the traffic light in the winter on the slippery small mound/hill crossing the creek by Truswell rd ? Hmmm, did any of the council voters drive the neighbourhood ?
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

This is a very beautiful project. I hope they do it. I hope they also do something beautiful at the old bargain store.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Tfishwood - totally agree with what you wrote. I drive Lakeshore too much - that lil mound is a bane for many.
Saw a lone woman protesting Aqua the other day.. felt I should have joined her ( because it was kinda sad a protest of one)
And no matter how close to everything I wager people still going to drive instead of bike/walk
Beautiful looking building ( if it turns out looking that way) just don't think the right location.
A lot of houses going to lose much of their sunlight.
MG is such buying up a lot of Kelowna
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Trees block sunlight. From street level there is no difference between this building and a 2 story house or some trees. There is the potential that for a few minutes a day, that you might find that the sun isn’t shining directly on you.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Central Okanagan”