Visibility at night on local roads

happinessclub

Re: Visibility at night on local roads

Post by happinessclub »

Reflective paint is used to paint street lines in most cities. Maybe not in Canada... but pretty much everywhere else. I remember being baffled by the lack of reflective paint on Vancouver's wet, dark streets when I lived there. This reflective paint of which I speak is not lead-based. It would be good to use it on streets AND medians here.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

In Europe, major roads - and many minor roads - use cat's eyes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_eye_(road)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I remember as youngster traveling to my first of many visits to PNE as an exhibitor with 4H, then later with Family Farm.
Trans-Canada from somewhere near Hope (maybe closer to Chilliwack) all the way into Vancouver, had either little lights or reflectors along the dotted lines.

Added later: absolute worst is new pavement in a rainstorm
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

The islands along the highway. The cement curbs practically blend into the road surface when its dark and wet. They really should be painting them as well
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Well the green paint used I some bicycle lanes for sure is not a long lasting road paint.
I would love to hear what the company that sold it, had Said about it... prior to the sale.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

Ok....that explains it. I thought it was just me and night blindness. I don't drive at night because of this.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

GordonH wrote:^^^ I remember as youngster traveling to my first of many visits to PNE as an exhibitor with 4H, then later with Family Farm.
Trans-Canada from somewhere near Hope (maybe closer to Chilliwack) all the way into Vancouver, had either little lights or reflectors along the dotted lines.

Added later: absolute worst is new pavement in a rainstorm

I like that new pavement they use on some of the highways around the Vancouver area, it significantly reduces the tire spray off vehicles when the roads are wet, highway #17 (South Fraser Perimeter) and #99 going up towards Whistler are two that come to mind.

Return to “Central Okanagan”