Traps in Downtown Kelowna

lensbaby
Board Meister

Traps in Downtown Kelowna

Post by lensbaby »

I just read on Facebook that a cat was caught in a leghold trap in downtown Kelowna tonight, and someone responded that their cat came home downtown with injuries that appeared to be from a trap a few days ago. Didn't say exactly where - just Downtown Kelowna.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Traps in Downtown Kelowna

Post by TreeGuy »

My dog is at zero risk of getting caught in any trap. It is licensed, we walk her on leash and we have a fenced yard to contain her. But mostly she is inside with us.

Cat owners should consider doing the same if they want to protect their fur babies.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

It was probably a rat trap ... blame the city for doing nothing.

Citizens have to take action. Sorry about your cat. Keep it inside . You wont have any issues
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

There must be huge rats downtown then. This is the trap:

trap.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

ferri wrote:There must be huge rats downtown then. This is the trap:

trap.jpg

Hopefully they are catching rats. Could be for raccoons as well
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

TreeGuy wrote:My dog is at zero risk of getting caught in any trap. It is licensed, we walk her on leash and we have a fenced yard to contain her. But mostly she is inside with us.

Cat owners should consider doing the same if they want to protect their fur babies.

How about a young kid who stops to pick it up?
I don't own a cat - and my dog is also licensed, walked on leash, has a fenced yard, but lives in the house with us - so we should both get gold stars!

Which does nothing to stop my dog or yours from stepping on a trap while out on a leash.

The post was actually to warn people about the sick as*hole setting those types of traps in a residential neighborhood.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

lensbaby wrote:I just read on Facebook that a cat was caught in a leghold trap in downtown Kelowna tonight, and someone responded that their cat came home downtown with injuries that appeared to be from a trap a few days ago. Didn't say exactly where - just Downtown Kelowna.
if you read it on the internet it has to be true right? LOL
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

that was not set for a rat, or a racoon. Id be calling the cops. Im pretty sure you cant set a trap like that up just anywhere in the city
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So knowing how reliable FB is about truthful info, has anyone actually contacted the CoK to see if they are behind this use leg hold traps.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

GordonH wrote:So knowing how reliable FB is about truthful info, has anyone actually contacted the CoK to see if they are behind this use leg hold traps.

Knowing the people personally who posted the information - complete with a photograph - I have no doubt that it is truthful.
I also seriously doubt that the City would be so irresponsible and open themselves up to lawsuits by putting out dangerous traps that could seriously injure young children and animals. So I haven't contacted them.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I know the person that posted it also. There is no way this is a "drama" post. It happened.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

I hope that they catch the irresponsible jerk who set this trap. :swear: :cuss:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

If it’s in the north end it could a part of someone’s home security. Meant for people lurking around.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:So knowing how reliable FB is about truthful info, has anyone actually contacted the CoK to see if they are behind this use leg hold traps.

lensbaby wrote:Knowing the people personally who posted the information - complete with a photograph - I have no doubt that it is truthful.
I also seriously doubt that the City would be so irresponsible and open themselves up to lawsuits by putting out dangerous traps that could seriously injure young children and animals. So I haven't contacted them.

Maybe instead of posting it on FB, taken it to the RCMP and reported.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”